A d?nde ir? sin ti- Raulin R

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Okay, I went out at lunch to get Raulin's cd. Three different record stores I went to and could only find Si No Te Tengo.

Now I have really got to get this cd. I will be doing some serious searching on the weekend.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Online shopping?-

Trina- Thanks. Agreed "treat people how you want to be treated". It goes a long way.

Tarrantino- If you mail order that may be an option instead of searching from store to store. It's available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and CD Universe.

BTW- Si no te tengo (2004) and Piel sin alma (2005) are good releases too.

-LDG.

Last edited:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9754/raulinlive7xr.jpg

damn..i just lost a long post!!!!

Anyoo...i mainly rambled on about this live cd i found on el conde in santo domingo. It is NOT he "en vivo" cd that one can find in stores or on line..but rather a real live cd that is just brilliant. I love the fact that you can hear presidentes clinking and people dancing when raulin is jamming on a great guitar solo. And there is this vulnerability that comes acrross on the live stuff that i think he glosses over on the studio stuff. There is this squeek he has..not a bad squeek..but like he's squeezing it from the bottom of his soul.

It is called "live volumen 2" and released by ringo records...i think it is out of print and i tried calling then to no avail.

IF anyone can find volumen 1 pick up two copies and pm me!

On top is a link the the cd cover
(hopefully it will work)

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
jrzyguy said:
are there any female bachateras?

I have a bachata collection CD that has a song played by someone by the name of 'Leidy Leidy'. The voice sounded a bit feminine but could be male. Great song. If she is female, you might want to find out about any full album.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Jrzyguy-

Santo Domingo Blues is a documentary that I hope to see one day. Judging from the link it looks like the subject matter was well researched, thorough and complete which IMO makes for an honest treatment of the history of a genre many do not know about. A genre that is traditionally associated with a lower class social group, although it has changed somewhat today, the stigma still prevails and as a result bachata enjoys more popularity on an international scale than in its country of origin.

I have never heard of the artist you are curious about but according to the link her career ended due to blindness and judging from her photo Aridia Ventura was part of the older generation of bachata singers, which means the recording of her music was during a period when bachata was not socially accepted. The odds of you finding her music IMO are close to nil unless it is on a rare find compilation CD. Keeping in mind the artists in the documentary all represent the 'struggle' of bachata music in a social paradigm if it can be defined as such.

Bachata today is more diverse; the lyrics have changed which has allowed for the diffusion of the genre from rural to urban to international parameters and with this shift the presence of female singers has been noted. However, I still believe that bachateras have a long way to go in terms of social acceptance and having the right kind of promotion that would make them successful in a genre that is still gaining social acceptance. Right now bachateras are strong back up vocalists. Prime examples are Casilda Rodriguez with Raulin, Suzy Espinal with Antony Santos etc. Monchy & Alexandra are an exception and an example of a successful and socially accepted bachata duo. I believe much has to do with the type of bachata they sing and the lyrics.

If you are curious about bachateras the modern day ones are the ones to follow and analyze. The two I mentioned Valeria and Vanessa Gil are wonderful and I believe they have the right formula for success along with the right type of promotion. La Vickiana who sings duets with Luis Segura is another female artist of the genre who has had her foot in the door for a long time.

-LDG.

Last edited:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Words for A donde ire sin ti

Would love to have the words in both Spanish and English to this song.

JOHN

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Johne-

This is so wonderful to see being a Raulin fan without exceptions it seems like another album of his will be a best seller.

Here you go courtesy of lyricsbox.com. Raulin R

Please watch the spelling. That's the only aspect I don't like about these sites. Enjoy John!

Later on when I have moment I will fix the spelling errors because it's unacceptable. Check for my edit.

-LDG.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Thank You

Lesley D said:
This is so wonderful to see being a Raulin fan without exceptions it seems like another album of his will be a best seller.

Here you go courtesy of lyricsbox.com. Raulin R

Please watch the spelling. That's the only aspect I don't like about these sites. Enjoy John!

Later on when I have moment I will fix the spelling errors because it's unacceptable. Check for my edit.

-LDG.

Many thanks Lesley----JOHN

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Siempre a la orden John-

Sorry for the delay but I wanted to closely review the lyrics before giving them the green light. As expected I had to do some clean up. Not only the spelling but also a few of the verses did not make sense so I had listen to the song to correct them. As well, the last two lines were missing completely from the website.

Anyway you are all set now. I will be sending them to you via PM momentarily. Once again enjoy it. It’s a beautiful song. No question about it.

-LDG.