A Motorcycle Ride Report: The Border with Haiti

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You'll come back to an incredibly different Dominican Republic than the one you left behind. It would be great to read your observations.

Reactions: cavebiker

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Thank You soooooo much for sharing this Pictures. Just made me realize that i spend way to much time inside my Office.

kts78

Nov 29, 2007
With all the current news about Haiti (sad & disturbing) I’m drawn to revisit this post. Wow! We need to come back to relive this life of living on a Caribbean island soon, while we still can. Our happy-hour travel meetings always start with 'The DR" I’m not sure what the conditions are like near the border or inland but I need to find out. I super dig everyone’s comments and posts here, thank you again. I hope we can run into some of you soon!
P1150254%20-edit-L.jpg

JustAdventureTravel.net

I can't say about the border road, but there has been a lot of work done on the roads in the mountains. It is much easier to find ways through that are more than just mule paths zigzagging up and down the mountain. Also a lot more towns connected without having to use paved roads. A lot of amazing now for less experienced riders.