A New DR1 Forum?

Requires 3 votes, read first post prior to voting!

• YES: I object to the creation of the proposed forum

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • NO: I support the creation of the proposed forum

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • YES: I would request access

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • NO: I wouldn't request access

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I support a LIMITED OPEN forum

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • I support FULLY RESTRICTED forum

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Bha......best to leave the community at peace right now.......suspect many of us are already totally fed up after the stupid Why aren't you voting to purge? thread opened in foolhardy and devious manner in OT which thankfully you will have not seen and will not mention anymore here.

It is what it is......and if the excluded members are so disenchanted with this new forum, they presumably can open like threads in the open forum and debate the same issues amongst themselves separately too.

Don't care who is in or out or who is behind it, I remain as posted indifferent to the idea, am a resident and I am out of it, and will offer up my experiences of all things Dominican as and when and as appropriate to all and face any critical opinion without any long term malice.

You are right on the cedula bit in your post too......

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Robert who owns this site is in charge of getting the documents required to take part in this new forum and all you need is a cedula, simply right. you don't need to join to read the forum which requires no documents

Last edited:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It is not a secret who the Mod will be. There are those who already know. There is no conspiracy and no need to fuel the paranoia levels or cast aspersions on someone you can't yet identify. When Robert is ready, he will reveal all.

I think Robert is taking the time to set this up in such a way that it is workable with the best chance of success. The forum doesn't even exist yet, why do you need to know who will moderate it? Would a popular Mod be sufficient to overcome your privacy objections and request access but a Mod not to your liking would not?

Either way no one is forcing anyone to do anything. Everyone can read the forum, but posting privileges will require a little bit of give before you can take. Individuals are either ok with that or they are not, it's up to them.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
===============
"It is not a secret who the Mod will be." None of us knows for sure until the person is reveled. Speculation is just that with NO closure.

"There is no conspiracy and no need to fuel the paranoia levels or cast aspersions on someone you can't yet identify." Of course their is. How could you state such a comment? The paranoia of the OP is dictating this whole mess.

" When Robert is ready, he will reveal all." I can only think that Robert is honoring an agreement and is bound to it.

If this was really above board then the person would have been up front and been whom they are and stated their case as a man and ASKED for others input to be a part of the new forum.

"Who IS this person. Not knowing this really defeats the whole concept of this."

Some of us already posted our input. We yelled and screamed and stomped our feet (me) then realized it's not a big deal it's just another forum out of the 41 (I counted again). I couldn't understand how it was going to work but now I get it, no big deal. It's all in the poll forum. They took a poll. did you vote

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If this was really above board then the person would have been up front and been whom they are and stated their case as a man and ASKED for others input to be a part of the new forum.

"Who IS this person. Not knowing this really defeats the whole concept of this."

Would you like some cheese with that whine?
It's just the internet!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
This is just a new forum for those who want to be able to speak as they wish without any possibility of another poster roasting them for it, wrong or right.
I mean who is going to send there cedula information to someone they don't know, only a certain few would be so careless.
Who needs the shielding from the mass, again, only a certain few.

No big deal, if some people want segregation then that is fine, join in, that is cool.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
DR1 is not a democracy run by the users. When one wants something, all roads lead to Robert. If you want to start a new forum, you ask Robert, not the denizens. I'm pretty sure Robert dictates the terms of any agreement, not the other way around. A poll was conducted to introduce the idea and demonstrate a minimum level of interest in the idea on the part of those who use DR1 and I assume those who would like to make use of the new forum.

There was no secret star chamber at work here. Until the forum exists, who the moderators will be just clouds the issue of determining the support for the idea by adding the unnecessary dimension of the personalities involved. A good idea is a good idea and a bad idea is a bad idea regardless of who thinks of the idea. As I said above others do know who the moderator(s) will be. In fairness, you are not one of those people. I am sure this has been discussed in the super secret mod forums that you do not seem to care about so all of them should probably know by now. Robert knows, I know of at least three users who know.

Think about it. It's not a bid deal. For that sake of argument, let's say Mongoose 777 is going to be the moderator. Is a protracted discussion, generating a plethora of posts for and against the guy of any benefit at all? The Mod will be the Mod and no amount of foment or rancor will change that. Do you ask the airline who the pilot is when buying a ticket?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Actually the forum is already there under the living section above the employment forum but no one can get in till Robert is ready.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
In DR cedula is public information, easily obtained. but i wouldnt want my non-existant cedukla in the hands of a forum moderator. who knows, private property. dr1 can do what it wants.

The great mystery of WHO is the MOD? This person is obviously very frustrated with the open forums and wants to be able to limit input to a Cedula only forum.

Who IS this person. Not knowing this really defeats the whole concept of this.

Cedula and exceptions? How is that going to work?

How about? The MOD needs to be approved by those IN the forum. (Most likely a snow bird would be disqualified.)

I see a lot to due about nothing since the new MOD has not been upfront.

And how many are going to put their Cedula on line? This is very personal and confidential information. No way in Heck would I do it. Blot out a lot of info and maybe?

NOPE. I don't care HOW private DR!/Robert's files are. NEVER send your private IT over ANY internet.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
In DR cedula is public information, easily obtained. but i wouldnt want my non-existant cedukla in the hands of a forum moderator. who knows, private property. dr1 can do what it wants.

I don't think any moderator will see any cedulas - only Robert will.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I don't think any moderator will see any cedulas - only Robert will.

People do not know Robert either, and this is the DR after all, land of the crooked. Sending this info to anyone who is not security authorized or bound of some description is careless, end off. If anything did happen and fraudulent actions were committed under your name, no authority would cover you because 'you had to send your cedula details to a guy to join an online discussion forum', come on maan.

I am not saying anything would happen, but if it did............ for the sakes of a forum? Infact I'd stick my neck out and say it will be fine, but if it wasn't................. for the sakes of joining a forum? lol. go ahead, seems overkill to me, but people must LOVE DR1 considerably more than myself to even consider such a requirement to join in.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This person is obviously very frustrated with the open forums and wants to be able to limit input to a Cedula only forum.

Learn to read...

1. Proof of status will be required. Either an active Cedula (image) sent to DR1 or sending either the moderator or myself a reason why you want the ability to post in the forum.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012

Yes, it is public info but it does identify who you are. The cedula number contains your name
DOB, residential address, etc. (everything on the card) But if posters do not mind disclosing
this info then it's fine. If they are uncomfortable, they do not have to join but can observe.

Or as Robert stated above.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I think you will pretty much know who is resident or not by now anyway? And if writing to you to explain this it kind of voids the need to send cedula info anyway. I don't see the big deal with who requested it, or who joins. It is not obligatory if people are happy with things as they are.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I love the paranoia displayed by some posters, ridiculous is the best way to describe some comments.
You use and show your cedula all over the place, DR1 is the least of your worries if you're worried about security.

Yes, I have received a number of cedulas, some with blanked out info etc, no problem with this.
Also received PM and emails on why people would like to be part of the residents only forum, this is also fine. I will get back to everyone, might take a day or so as my schedule permits.
If you apply and get knocked back, then it's for a good reason :)

Based on the access requests to date, should be a great forum with some excellent posters.

On that note, this thread will be closed.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.