A-Rod eyeing Boston

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
It, is sound to me that a rich ballplayer will be without a job come next spring, unless the devil rays sign him. lol

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
All this speculation about A-Rod going to the Bo Sox....he might just stay in the big apple with the Mets.:paranoid:

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Not many people did when his book with all the steroid usage allegations came out, but in the end, he had the most accurate depiction. ;)

Who thought Rafael Palmero was using steroids? No one. Jose Canseco brought his name out and was chastised by everyone. Palmero lied in front of the U.S. Senate or Congress. Canseco sat back with a little smile on his face. He has a big smile on his face now. He mentioned the Giambi Brothers, Maguire, and others. Everyone called him a lier. MLB will come out with the names of steroid abusers and hgh abusers shortly, than another book by Canseco. Canseco will be laughing all the way to the bank. DO NOT be suprised if A-Rods name appears on the list. There will be all sorts of denials coming from all the players. As far as I'm concerned everyone is guilty until proven otherwise.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
after watching Raffie in baltimore, i was convinced he was on the juice along with Brady Anderson.
i heard some more rumors about the Mets. A-Rod stays in NY ??

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
after watching Raffie in baltimore, i was convinced he was on the juice along with Brady Anderson.
i heard some more rumors about the Mets. A-Rod stays in NY ??

I don't know why the Mets would want him. They have a Gold Glove third baseman and most exciting player in the game at short stop. What do the Mets do, move one of these players to another position for some overpriced egomaniac? I think they would be better off consentrating on their pitching.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
oh yeah, you are right. it does sound stupid for the Mets to make such a deal but they were close this year before the meltdown. stranger things have happened in baseball....

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
What is funny is someone believing that one of these big teams aren't going to pick up Arod. Earth to posters, it is time to land.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
oh yeah, you are right. it does sound stupid for the Mets to make such a deal but they were close this year before the meltdown. stranger things have happened in baseball....

They could try what they did with Matsui. Move Reyes to second and A-Rod back to short. I hope not.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Arod

OLEDO, Ohio (AP) - Alex Rodriguez a Mud Hen?

Spurred by an offhand remark from George Steinbrenner's son, the Triple-A Toledo Mud Hens want in on the A-Rod sweepstakes.

The Mud Hens playfully offered the prize free agent a deal Thursday - a contract proposal that includes a bonus for hitting 75 home runs next year and leading them to 10 straight International League titles.

Rodriguez recently opted out of his $252 million, 10-year contract with the New York Yankees. That prompted Hank Steinbrenner, son of the Yankees owner, to tell the New York Times: "Does he want to go into the Hall of Fame as a Yankee, or a Toledo Mud Hen?"

The Mud Hens conjured up an offer to find out, said Jason Griffin, a spokesman for the Detroit Tigers' top farm team.

Toledo created a Hall of Fame plaque of Rodriguez wearing a Mud Hens hat and sent a letter to his agent, Scott Boras.

The deal stipulates that Rodriguez will have to compete for a spot with Toledo third basemen Mike Hessman, the league's most valuable player last season.

"Would your client be willing to play a different position?" the letter asked.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
semantics

I don't know why the Mets would want him. They have a Gold Glove third baseman and most exciting player in the game at short stop. What do the Mets do, move one of these players to another position for some overpriced egomaniac? I think they would be better off consentrating on their pitching.
I'd completely agree the Mets would be better off going after pitching, but you think Reyes is the most exciting player in the game? He almost singlehandedly lost the division by himself - a complete no-show at th end.

He's barely the third best shortstop in his DIVISION!

Just couldn't let that statement go by.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
What I've read/heard...

They could try what they did with Matsui. Move Reyes to second and A-Rod back to short. I hope not.

...is Wright going to 2nd base. That's a ridiculous infield!

Wouldn't it be amazing for MeRod to go to the Mets and becomes a lovable player for them*?

*haven't had my coffee yet.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ME-ROD PLAY FOR MY BELOVED METS!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I HOPE WITH ALL MY HEART HE IS LEFT OUT IN THE COLD AND NO TEAM SIGNS HIM THIS YEAR!!!! MAYBE THAT WILL TEACH HIM A LESSON IN HUMILITY!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! NO TO A-ROD GOING TO THE METS OR SOX OR MARLINS*!!!!!!

*Yes, I know...it's a little far-fetched...but you should hear the talks here in Miami...of course, the Cuban Mafia is only talking what the chicken eats!!!! ;)

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The Mets don't need another empty bat. They already have 2 in Delgado and Beltran.

They need to fumigate their clubhouse of all the old players they've acquired and get some pitching.

And since the Marlins are shopping Dontrell Willis, hes' the guy they need to go after. Not any more old pitchers who have no velocity left in their arms.

A-Rod will probably go to Anaheim, so that Scott Boras can watch him every day from his luxury suite. And if this team thinks he's going to help get them a ring, dream on Angels.