A Travel Question

A

AtlantaBOB

If you had your choices of all-inclusive resorts at Punta Cana,
which one would be the best? I just need a little R&R and maybe some golf. Chasing young women is out of the question since I'll have my wife with me. Que lastima, eh. Reading some of the reviews, the Paradisus and RIU Palace Macao look pretty good. Any opinions out there?

D

DR1

Paradisus is sprawled out, more the resort type hotel. Larger rooms than at Riu Palace. Palace is a small hotel, more choices for restaurants at Paradisus. But Palace is more intimate, more romantic. If you are into golf, Paradisus is a better choice because that hotel has its own golf course (you are not on the golf course, though). The golf course is nearer to the Melia Caribe and Tropical hotels, owned by the same company and also located in Punta Cana.

B

Brenda

Catalonia Resort has it's own golf course also. You can get a room and look right at the course. I stayed at Catalonia in October this year and enjoyed my stay there. The beach is beautiful for your wife also. There is plenty for her to do while you golf. She can get a massage on the beach, sit in the pool and drink,or just relax also. All of the rooms at Catalonia are suites so that makes it more enjoyable. Most of the resorts in Punta Cana are big and too much walking is a complaint of many tourists. A good trick to know is to be nice to the bellboys (they drive golf carts)and give them a little tip and they will become your mini taxi. This could be true of whichever resort you choose.

A

azb

Re: what part of atlanta you are from?

Hi bob, i lived in marietta and kennesaw for many years. where did you live there? Where do you live in DR?

A

AtlantaBOB

Hi, AZB. I currently live in Atlanta, on the other side, way out between Lawrenceville and Athens. I just bought a "little finca" out in the country to get away from the crowds and traffic. But I'm ready for a little sun and a cold Presidente.

S

Scott

My family owns Friedmans Shoes downtown. Ever here of them?

They are the guys that sell to size 22 in mens sizes.

Scott

A

AtlantaBOB

Yes, I have seen the store. I only wear a size 9...but really side!

J

John

I used to live in Decatur

Atlanta is a great city. i spent 2 years living in decatur close to Agnes College. it was a great experience for me. I hope to comeback in the near future.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: I used to live in Decatur

I hope the Decatur you lived in is not as dreary a town as Decatur, Illinois. That town is the pits.
TW

J

John

Re: I used to live in Decatur

not really, Decatur is a nice neighborhood just off of ponce de Leon Ave. and very close to Atlanta Metro area.