AA dropping FLL-SDQ?

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
According to a thread in another forum, and confirmed the information with the schedule, AA is ending their FLL-SDQ route on May 31st and starting FLL-KIN.

I flew AA 718 SDQ-FLL last month and the coach cabin was more than half empty, while Business class had 3 upgraded passengers. Spirit's SDQ-FLL arrived at the same time and the baggage claim for spirit was packed, compared to AA's. I know Delta's fare was very expensive and they had to drop the route, but I found a lower fare in AA than in Spirit, Why is Spirit the big one in the market if AA had similar or lower fares?

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
Payback for all their years of monopolizing the routes?

I myself think AA was horrible and all my friends/family who fly think the same. Bad service, bad prices, bad food... for many years they were the only option.

I'd choose to fly on Spirit/JetBlue over them any day, if just to see them leave.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My family and I fly Spirit, even when we have to go to Punta Cana (from Santiago) to catch a good flight!!! Of course, we'd prefer to fly from Santiago to FLL, but that is not an affordable option these days..., so we go to Santo Domingo and even with diesel at $143 a gallon we save money!! Lots of money.

Bye, bye, AA.....ain't it a b!tch when it's your turn??

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I have flown relativley frequently from FL to the DR over the last 8 years and in the begining, AA was king. However, they gradually increased their prices even after Spirit came to town. The price you saw from AA that was competive compared to Spirit was for sure a late attempt to break into that route because typically they are alway $75+ US more than what Spirit charges.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Well after the incident that happen in Haiti..letting a passagers died with no medicial attenton was a bad mistake, now dominicans are waking up its nightmare American mistake...American serve good in other routes but not to dominican republic, Puerto Rico or Haiti. Which the services have gone to worst. Stick with Jetblue, Spirit and even Delta airlines which gives a nice options to Dominican Republic. Vamos a ver si que a American nadie la tumba...ridiculos son la gente que tiene esa idea que es una aerolinea buena sin serlo

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
My family and I fly Spirit, even when we have to go to Punta Cana (from Santiago) to catch a good flight!!! Of course, we'd prefer to fly from Santiago to FLL, but that is not an affordable option these days..., so we go to Santo Domingo and even with diesel at $143 a gallon we save money!! Lots of money.

Bye, bye, AA.....ain't it a b!tch when it's your turn??

HB

Wiser words could NOT be spoken!!! ;)

I've travelled AA to SDQ before...but Spirit MOST of the time had better fares...and nicer planes!!!

I tried to buy tix on AA this past Jan. to no avail...Our tix on Spirit r/t for 2 cost ONLY $486...taxes included!!!!!