About this sick thingy.

S

Sue

Re: Low Income???

Gale - In regards to all inclusive pkgs. for low-income. I don't know any low income people who can afford decent clothes much less a airline ticket to wherever. Your definition of low-income tells me how intelligent you are. Most resorts offer the all inclusive and if you do not want it, it becomes quite a pain to constantly buy vouchers for whatever you want to do in the resort you are staying in. It just makes things easier - especially with kids who are constantly wanting a buck for this that or whatever. I bet I make more in child support then you do doing whatever - that includes your husband - if your married. (Hope he is not low-income and if your not married, with your attitude you probably won't be).

N

Nicole

Since Casa de Campo also has an all inclusive plan and if your so well off financially, what are you doing there?

L

Lyse

So stop saying "this kind of plans (all inclusive) are mostly used by low income people". I too have been and still go to Casa de Campo. Thanks God you're not part of my social circle.

R

rita

Anyone who says that people stay at all inclusives because they are "low income" probably can't afford to go to one themselves!!!

G

Gary and Chris

Re: About this sick thingy./common sense

Again, we were there ten days, we stayed in a condo in Sosua, and a hotel in Samana. We used common sense, drink bottled water, used Bug and Sun protectant ( keeps you from getting mosquito bites and anything that may transmit and it keeps you from getting sun burned. Eat what you can look at and see what it is, if it is cooked and smell if it is okay. If uncertain send it back same as you would anywhere else. Is the establishment doing a brisk local business- means the locals trust it. Think- would you do this at home? Vacation is for fun, relaxing, trying something different, not blindly assuming that because you spent a lot of money, you are safe from peril. Pack some imodium, and pepto bismal, then remember that all of our food is nutrient poor, grown in weak soil, and pasturized, boiled, fried or steamed to death. The DR soil is nutrient rich, and food is cooked til just done in most cases YOUR body is not used to this so it may not be happy, but do not assume (blame) it is the resort, island, uncleanliness or poor sanitization it may be your body responding real food.HAVE FUN.

R

Rebecca

Enough already

Ok everybody, enough already. I have been there 5 times. I am a gringo from Minnesota. I love the DR. Unfortunetly I have gotten travelers diarhea to a certain extent every time that I have been there. As someone from the DR might get if they traveled to Minnesota. People do get sick. It is not a bad thing about the country. It is not a bad thing about the traveler, they are not sissies beacuse they get sick. It is just the truth. Personally I just took some ammodium a-d and that was that. It is not a big deal. It is nothing to worry about and it is not a reason to not go. I have gone back and I will go back again.