Acavados in Buffalo, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2006
How do the giant smooth skinned Dominican Avocados compare to the Hass Avocados? Never tried one in the DR..

========================================================
Haas Avocados are a lot smaller, but they have more flavor. If you mash up chopped onions, cilantro, diced tomatoes and bell peppers and some saz?n completo and picante to taste, you can make decent guacamole, in my opinion. You can add a bit of sour cream as well or use chile poblanos or some jalape?os as well.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
You may have a hard time finding them from the DR for a while;
Meanwhile, the Russian ambassador in the Dominican Republic Vladimir Zaemsky said his country is interested in increasing imports of Dominican fruits and vegetables. There are several flights a day with Russian tourists to the DR and the fruits and vegetables can be shipped back to Russia on those planes.

k.

Huh, don't those Russians leave at the same rate they arrived at? Are they staying forever? I can't figure that out!

Last edited:

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
They are a hard fruit to manage since they can come in rock hard or almost over-ripe.

Buy the hard ones. Put whatever you need in a brown paper bag, place the bag in a
warm dark space overnight. The next day they'll be perfectly ripe.

Don't laugh, it works.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I give up, theres NO Avocados here that is imported from DR :(

I wish I could had time to go to Yonkers, NY or NYC to get them but I'm too busy lol

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I give up, theres NO Avocados here that is imported from DR :(

I wish I could had time to go to Yonkers, NY or NYC to get them but I'm too busy lol

I guess you don't read the DR news or DR1, etc. There is a ban for awhile now on ALL fruits and vegetables from DR to the USA over a fruit fly.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.