Access to Playa Libre in Sosua

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
The beauty of Sosua was destroyed by this development.
Where is the scenic view?

Laws have been violated and papers handed out by corrupt people.
There is a chance that legal papers to construct near the beach are falsificated only to put money in the pocket and never are registrated or filed in a public office (because fees never show up in the records).

Buildings should be teared and nature be restored at owners expensive, in my opinion.

Shame on all responsible for this crime.

Alexander

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I just don't see the big deal. There are plenty of beaches to go to. How many posts are there here about how quaint Playa Sosua is?

You drop a pile of money on a piece of property to develop it, to turn a profit for you and shareholders/family, you don't really want people traipsing down some dark path going to the beach. Why have a wall and security guards in the first place? You can't compare giving access thru a property in the DR to access thru a property in the States. In the DR you'll have some goof coming down that path, crawling in the window of a 400k condo to steal their loose change.

Put yourself in their shoes, you wouldn't like being forced to give access thru your own property at all hours of the day and night.

If you want to walk down the coastline and frolic on Playa Imbert, have at it. Don't want to climb over the rocks to get there? Try Playa Sosua - easy access.

Been visiting that beach for over 12 years and now I can't. Money rules.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
The beauty of Sosua was destroyed by this development.
Where is the scenic view?

Laws have been violated and papers handed out by corrupt people.
There is a chance that legal papers to construct near the beach are falsificated only to put money in the pocket and never are registrated or filed in a public office (because fees never show up in the records).

Buildings should be teared and nature be restored at owners expensive, in my opinion.

Shame on all responsible for this crime.

Alexander
I disagree, these developments have helped Sosua, they are wonderful properties that cater to clients that any tourist destination wants.
Nothing has changed in regards to the beach.
THERE IS BEACH ACCESS!
If you know where it is.
This is one beach that won't turn into a loud trash dump every Sunday and holiday. Thank god!

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I disagree, these developments have helped Sosua, they are wonderful properties that cater to clients that any tourist destination wants.
Nothing has changed in regards to the beach.
THERE IS BEACH ACCESS!
If you know where it is.
This is one beach that won't turn into a loud trash dump every Sunday and holiday. Thank god!

The island would be a perfect place if we could just get rid of those pesky Dominicans. smh

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Ctrob not a big deal for you bc you but it is for my closest friends who would hang out there all the time, it was like a little piece of heaven with no one else around. Can't compare with most beaches in the area.

Yes you can still get to it...

Then I'm a little confused. If there is a path, and no one kicks you off the beach, why is there any problem? The OP was asking if there was a path.

Then I'm a little confused. If there is a path, and no one kicks you off the beach, why is there any problem? The OP was asking if there was a path.

It was very easy to get to before from my fav bar which a lot of my friends hang out at, now it isn't so I guess they stopped going. Too much bother now, I don't hear them complain about it just rehash the good times.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Lots of beautiful secluded beaches spread out across the island. Don't understand all the fuss.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Lots of beautiful secluded beaches spread out across the island. Don't understand all the fuss.

"Spread out over the island" IS the fuss. When the one right next to you is closed to your access, then it is a problem.

As some have pointed out, there still is a way to get to this beach, perhaps not as convenient as before, and nobody seems to be getting kicked off it.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
If you are walking at the waters EDGE I dont think anyone would kick you off.. looks like a long walk though, and over some rocks at one point, no ?
I honestly dont know WHERE the new access point is now.. maybe i will find out soon when there. the beach is very nice, very secluded.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I honestly dont know WHERE the new access point is now.. maybe i will find out soon when there. the beach is very nice, very secluded.

But nobody to bring you a Presidente....or Sun Cooked Shrimp. No pedicures. No bathrooms. No magician.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
But nobody to bring you a Presidente....or Sun Cooked Shrimp. No pedicures. No bathrooms. No magician.

I do like the magician, expecially when he wears a suit and tie on the beach..

The Poisoned sun baked Shrimp I can do without, and expecially the Lambi... ..PUKE..

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Ctrob not a big deal for you bc you but it is for my closest friends who would hang out there all the time, it was like a little piece of heaven with no one else around. Can't compare with most beaches in the area.

Yes you can still get to it...
Hey! When I showed you the path what did I say! Keep it quiet! Hahah