Adventures in Puerto Plata, Las Terrenas, Sosua, and Cabarete

Winnipegger

Oct 17, 2003
I think I did know that some winnipeggers owned a hotel near Cabarete. A friend of mine stayed there a few years ago. But I wasnt sure if they still owned it or not. I m not certain where I will be staying beachgirl. Either at Club Nathalie Simon next to the Palm beach condos or at Club laguna beach club possibly. I have the flight booked now I gotta find a place to stay...there may be two of us or as many as five. Thats why I would like the Club Nathalie Simon. It is very central and has two bedrooms and sleeps up to 6 for 70 US. I think thats pretty good?

Winnipegger

Oct 17, 2003
Hey Trina. My second week there I want to stay in Sosua. A friend of mine has the SosuaPalace booked. Any idea what its like? I think it is close to Europa?

Gordo

Mar 16, 2003
Happy 40th Beachgirl!

Beachgirl,

We ate dinner at Vento in Cabarete. I had the seafood orgy and my wife had a pasta dish. The seafood orgy (baby langustas, gambas, fish) was quite good and my wife enjoyed her pasta. Prices were a little on the high side, but we didn't feel ripped off. I would recommend this restaurant but can't compare it to the other places Cabarete has to offer.

Try checking out this thread for some "local" knowledge.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26712

Don't forget to write a trip report when you return. Have a great time!

Gordo