aeromar

wenjay

Dec 9, 2003
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD EXPECT SINCE I HAVE TICKETS TO FLY ON AEROMAR ON DEC 16.:confused:

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
Where you going?

Because they only flight to Santiago once a week.
But try to call them.

wenjay

Dec 9, 2003
I AM GOING TO SANTIAGO. AND I AM TRAVELING WITH THREE KIDS ALL UNDER 7 SO I AM AFRAID. BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN HEARING ALL THIS RUMORS
:confused:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Predictions Become Facts

I can't recall how many people were buying these low cost tickets well in advance of travel, for a small price difference over AA , CO or US Air and did not heed warnings that in the event of trouble you have no alternative source of travel.

And here is Aeromar on lits last legs, so it seems, and the Christmas season and so many possibly disappointed people. You get what you pay for and airlines are a cutthroat business at best.

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
If your going to Santiago

You should be OK!!

As i say they just operate from Santiago at this moment.

So dont you worry about it!!

Have a good flight!

wenjay

Dec 9, 2003
I didnot buy tickets in aeromar because of the price. which is not much different than AA . i bought it because my parents came and went a lot of times with them and they never had a promblem actually they loved it. i guess they never flew on peak times

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Enough!

Any more posts relating to, mentioning or hitting towards Aeromar and you will be BANNED permanently from DR1.

Do I need to make this clearer?

Last edited by a moderator:

wenjay

Dec 9, 2003
samana1

since you know so much about aeromar please tell me what i should do with my tickets now, since i can't go to D.R

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
wenjay said:
samana1

since you know so much about aeromar please tell me what i should do with my tickets now, since i can't go to D.R

If he responds, he will be banned.

I suggest you let other less biased posters answer your question.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Read the DR1 News Today

The grim reality is pretty well laid out on the DR1 front page. If you paid a travel agent possibly they have insurance ( here in Ontario you are insured against this very thing - there is a trust fund for airlines that fold). Maybe your credit card can charge it back as service not provided, also very common here. Ask your bank.

The other grim reality is even if you recover your money - for this important time of year you may have to pay a huge amount to fly on another carrier , like AA or CO, and IF you can get a flight and that is a big IF as we get closer to the 25th.

I think you may want to worry about alternative flights first if you can afford them and deal with refunds and so forth over later time.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
as stated before...

you best bet it to contact the travel agent where you purchased the ticket. if that fails, contact the airline directly. if that also fails, please tell us you paid with a CC because if you did, then you can contact and they will help.

good luck

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
here is Aeromar's contact info just in case:

TOLL FREE NUMBER: 1-877-AEROMAR (237-6627)

Santo Domingo - Av. Winston Churchill No. 71 Esq. Desiderio Arias, Ens. La Julia, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Administrative Offices: 809-533-4447

Toll Free from within the Dominican Republic:1-200-2226

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Toll Free from within the Dominican Republic:1-200-2226 [/B][/QUOTE]

This part will not do much as far as getting your money back i have two family members that have tried calling them to get their money back with no luck.

I edited your comments instead of responding...excuse me for that

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It kills me to say this, but it looks like Avistar was right!

I wonder what happened to the money?

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Eli

Eli,

what are they telling your family members concerning a refund?

what is Aeromar saying?

wenjay

Dec 9, 2003
AEROMAR

THE PHONE # TO AEROMAR IS ALWAYS BUSY, SO I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TALK TO ANYBODY IN AEROMAR.

I HAVE TO SAY THAT I WAS PRETTY STUPID NOT ONLY DID I PAID THEM CASH, BUT I ALSO WENT AND BOUGHT MY TICKETS IN THEIR OFFICE IN QUEENS IN JULY.

AT AEROMAR THEY TOLD MY COUSIN WHO ALWAYS HAD TICKETS, TO SEND THEM TO THE ADRRESS IN SANTODOMINGO AND THAT EVENTUALLY THEY WILL GIVE THEM A REFUND IN PESOS.
'
I DON'T REALLY CARE ANYMORE. I AM JUST GLAD IT HAPPEN BEFORE IO LEFT AND NOT AFTER I WAS IN DR.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
no way dude,

go to the office in Queens and get your money.

be very firm. go to the source

do not send anything to DR unless Aeromar in Queens does it for you because it may get "lost" ;)

Last edited:

maxwell

Apr 29, 2003
Estimados Sres:

lo que BQ esta haciendo para los reembolsos es lo siguiente:

*si usted compro boletos a traves de una agencia de viajes ya sea en cash o cc, debe solicitar el reembolso a la misma.
*si lo compro directamente con ellos debe mandar los boletos ORIGINALES a las oficinas principales de Aeromar CxA. en santo domingo, republica dominicana.
*si los compro a traves de su web site, debe llamar a las oficinas de BQ en Miami, Florida alla te llenaran el formulario de reembolsos por telefonos (ya que son e-tkt).

El tiempo para completar la transaccion es alrededor de 30 dias.