Agora mall

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
with ebay, amazon, focalprice, aliexpress, etc, why would anyone go to a mall?

That attitude baffles me, how can I buy a pair of slacks off the net? practically sight
unseen...a pair of pliers, or headphones yeah, but a dress shirt, a sweater? no way..give me
the good 'ol handle and feel and try it on for size scenario.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
with ebay, amazon, focalprice, aliexpress, etc, why would anyone go to a mall?

That attitude baffles me, how can I buy a pair of slacks off the net? practically sight
unseen...a pair of pliers, or headphones yeah, but a dress shirt, a sweater? no way..give me
the good 'ol handle and feel and try it on for size scenario.

......or go to the movies, eat in the food court, window shop, maybe grocery shop while there ................ etc.

Two thumbs up to Agora and Galeria360.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
When I go to SD, never have much time since I always have my day set on what I need to get being that I travel from Puerto Plata to do so..Do they have a website? or a list of the stores in the mall?? Or does anyone here go so often that you can possibly name a few???? I would be interested in any Pet Stores, supermarket since Bravo & Serina is hell trying to get to in time when I get finished at the Hospital..I get to SD at 9:30 AM, need to get the bus at 2PM at the very latest, so my time is always rushed...

Thanks!

Anthony

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
@skynet, there is a Jumbo attached to the mall and a listing of stores can be found on the Agora Mall web page.

If you go please stop by The Tree of Hope located on the first level and make a small donation. The webpage gives detail what The Tree of Hope is about.

2efj22v.jpg

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Well, oh joy! I'm talking with big bird and the tree of hope looks like the wizard of OZ...And everyone here told me that I'm not in Kansas anymore..."CLICK" "CLICK" there's no place like home..great, just great...I know its late, but come on!

Okay birdie,thanks a bunch for the site! I see there is a Pricesmart there too...Cool! I think they have pet supplies, just want to see what they have and the cost..will drop off my bus fare to the tree if you give me a lift back to Puerto Plata...:) Kidding, will see what I can do

Thanks again

Anthony

@skynet, there is a Jumbo attached to the mall and a listing of stores can be found on the Agora Mall web page.

If you go please stop by The Tree of Hope located on the first level and make a small donation. The webpage gives detail what The Tree of Hope is about.

2efj22v.jpg

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
......or go to the movies, eat in the food court, window shop, maybe grocery shop while there ................ etc.

Two thumbs up to Agora and Galeria360.

people actually go to malls for the food court? really? i can understand going to buy an article of clothing, but food?

as for eye candy...Sosua has a lot...so do other places with no mall.

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Moves to the D.R this summer
I think they have the bonzai sishi there as well, at least it said so when we ate at Sambil. Ii don't get what people have against Agora, it's always filled with people when we go and especially during el mercadito on Saturdays. Several of my argentine acquaintances have tables there on Saturdays and I can always go fo some argentine empanadas or alfajores!

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Im a big sushi fan and i tryed those bonzai sushi twice, not very good...

Only fast food sushi i liked so far are sushi republic at blue mall

My2cents

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Just a bump, but if in the area stop in Agora Mall to see the Christmas decorations. Evening time would probably be best. I was in Agora this past Wednesday evening and the mall was packed with people. You could hardly find an empty table in the food court. There was also a children's choir singing Christmas Carols.

I will be the first to admit, I never thought Agora would turn out to be as successful as it is. I honestly believe that Line 2 of the Metro has contributed to this.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
Yes that was great. The Christmas tree with singers was excellent. I will be making that mall a definate stop for me around the holidays.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The Jumbo is a powerful anchor store especially with the Metro stop across the street.