Ah, yes. Old fashioned loaf

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
No, I buy the canned variety. Better than nothing. I buy it with the Dave's killer sliced rye bread.
81lmOj5OouL._SL1500_.jpg
71e70c6rOlL._SL1500_.jpg
How is the rye bread package? Does it come smash or squish.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
How is the rye bread package? Does it come smash or squish.
I always leave a note to pack it in a box instead of a paper bag. Sometimes they do, other times they don't.

Most come in decent condition. Keep in mind it's the carrier who tends to be the culprit.

Only one has come really mushed, but it was still good enough to eat.

Bravo and Sirena always carry Nature's own products, so I always use the suggestion box every time I go.

I'd be much happier buying it locally

Reactions: XTraveller

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
JD, methinks you have some time on your hands! I remember almost all of these. Head Cheese! Yuck! It has nothing to do with cheese! And Olive Loaf: Olives are the furthest thing from my mind when I think about eating meat! And balogna! What a weird spelling! No one ever pronounces it in this way. Now, I don't know what "cotto" means, but it's a nice way to go for salami!

Reactions: JD Jones

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
JD, methinks you have some time on your hands! I remember almost all of these. Head Cheese! Yuck! It has nothing to do with cheese! And Olive Loaf: Olives are the furthest thing from my mind when I think about eating meat! And balogna! What a weird spelling! No one ever pronounces it in this way. Now, I don't know what "cotto" means, but it's a nice way to go for salami!
It's because you're spelling it wrong. Bologna. You should be better able to pronounce now.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Ok I am going to confess.... every once (maybe once a year) in a while I get some bologna to make a sandwich. I ate those lunchmeats when I was growing up...that's the era I grew up in. So, every now and then I like a bologna sandwich. The last time when I was shopping, I asked the deli for just 3 slices of bologna, she looked at me strange, but I told her I just want to make one sandwich, that's all.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Ok I am going to confess.... every once (maybe once a year) in a while I get some bologna to make a sandwich. I ate those lunchmeats when I was growing up...that's the era I grew up in. So, every now and then I like a bologna sandwich. The last time when I was shopping, I asked the deli for just 3 slices of bologna, she looked at me strange, but I told her I just want to make one sandwich, that's all.
Nothing like a fried bologna sandwich.