air travel to Santiago

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry I haven't posted in a bazillion years, but.....

Can anyone who travels frequently to Santiago tell me which is the cheapest city/airline east of the Mississippi River to fly out of direct to Santiago. I live for the moment in Knoxville, Tennessee and can drive to Detroit as easily as to New York as easily to Miami, as easily to Cleveland, etc. to save on fares.
Round trip from anywhere within 200 miles of here to Santiago is 5 or 600 bucks, and I'm not used to paying that kind of jack for a roundrip. Unless that's the going rate these days, in which case I may have to change my plans. I'm asking for non-holiday-type arrival and departure dates. To save money, of course.
Any help is appreciated.

(St Louis) Mike

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Sorry I haven't posted in a bazillion years, but.....

Can anyone who travels frequently to Santiago tell me which is the cheapest city/airline east of the Mississippi River to fly out of direct to Santiago. I live for the moment in Knoxville, Tennessee and can drive to Detroit as easily as to New York as easily to Miami, as easily to Cleveland, etc. to save on fares.
Round trip from anywhere within 200 miles of here to Santiago is 5 or 600 bucks, and I'm not used to paying that kind of jack for a roundrip. Unless that's the going rate these days, in which case I may have to change my plans. I'm asking for non-holiday-type arrival and departure dates. To save money, of course.
Any help is appreciated.

(St Louis) Mike

Miami is the cheapest hands down, but you're not going to drive all the way down there to save $300 bucks. Go to Expedia and compare major cities, like Atlanta, Charlotte or Wash. DC. That covers 200+ miles give or take. All the carriers compete are pretty much equal.

Sep 19, 2005
not only would I pay $500-$600 to fly, Id pay $500 MORE to fly , just so I DONT have to drive from nashiville to NY or detroit, before I catch the plane.

Any date outside of a holiday window......???????????

usually there is a purpose for the trip....a place at a certain time for a certain reason...USUALLY....

bob

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Off season I paid $319 from JFK to STI (in September). I also paid $539 in early December December 9th returning the 16th- these include taxes both on American.

Ro

Jun 5, 2004
Like dogstar said jetblue would probably be your best choice and they fly out of various cities east of the mississippi

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
thanks, everybody

that helps. $300 bucks is much more palatable than 5 to six hundred. I will look into JetBlue. I don't even remember they flew into Santiago three years ago. Sadly, that was my most recent trip.
At that time I drove from st louis to cleveland for a Continental Airlines special: $218 round trip, taxes included. Yow, that was sweet! I guess I got spoiled. But that was only because some nice person posted a "one day sale" on Continental right here in the Airlines forum on DR1.
Thanks again everybody....
Mike