All 6 Star Wars movies at once - to catch up before Fridays release

anthony

Mar 17, 2010
You're Welcome :glasses:

[video=youtube;XB1Pq1_M-Wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB1Pq1_M-Wg[/video]

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Didn't know - either here or General

Not DR related. Belongs in OT but you do not have enough posts.

Will keep in Clown Bin for now. :)

Thanks.

Personally, I have seen them all a few times...................

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I watched 4, 5 and 6 on the weekend to refresh my memory, number 7 takes place 30 years after return of the jedi so you can skip 1, 2 3 says Carrie Fisher :laugh:

Years ago I got a great deal on the original 3 and the enhanced versions for 19.95.

I'm all excited for Friday. :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Not DR related. Belongs in OT but you do not have enough posts.

Will keep in Clown Bin for now. :)

Thanks.

Personally, I have seen them all a few times...................

Shssss pretend you didn't see what forum it's in to give others a chance to see it

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
May the "Force" be with you

2qcp06c.jpg

1z2f40h.jpg

http://mashable.com/2015/12/14/australia-star-wars-cereal/#8_DNQZfl7Zqa

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I saw Star Wars at a drive-in, too. Honestly, didn't think too much of it, but I LOVED Empire Strikes Back.

Word is, this movie puts the fun (and a rousing script) back into the series, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Seems every theater in Atlanta is sold out for a while (the nicer ones with the La-Z-Boy sofa seats, anyway), so maybe sometime before Valentine's Day, lol.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I saw Star Wars at a drive-in, too. Honestly, didn't think too much of it, but I LOVED Empire Strikes Back.

Word is, this movie puts the fun (and a rousing script) back into the series, so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Seems every theater in Atlanta is sold out for a while (the nicer ones with the La-Z-Boy sofa seats, anyway), so maybe sometime before Valentine's Day, lol.

Just curious but did you see the empire strikes back at the drive in or theater?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Quick trivia.

Brian De Palma and George Lucas are best of friends. While George Lucas was casting for Star Wars, Brian was casting for Carrie.
Brian ask George to let him have a look at the actors that George turn down for Star Wars. That is how Brian cast John Travolta, Amy Irving, William Katt, Nancy Allen, PJ Soles, and a bunch of others.

During those times, there was a "rat pack' of independent, snobby directors.

Steven Spielberg
Brian De Palma
Martin Scorsese
George Lucas (he was Steven's apprentice)
Francis Coppola
John Carpenter

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I remember seeing Star Wars in a small theater with a friend. When we left he told me that he was going to be a pilot.
Fast forward to 1983, he accepted ROTC Scholly to Boston U., then flight school in the Navy. Flew Jets and Helos, never looked back.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Just curious but did you see the empire strikes back at the drive in or theater?

No, saw it at indoors at the then-new, now-nonexistent theatre with the Super Jumbo Screen, lol.

It came out over the summer, and every Tuesday, we'd get these tickets for kid's movies at a nearby dollar theater (The Incredible Mr. Limpet, The Shakiest Gun in the West, Cat Ballou, lol). We'd then head over to Kentucky Fried Chicken for a kid's two-piece-anna-biscuit for lunch, then finish up with Empire Strikes Back (or whatever the new movie was, assuming it was better than watching ESB again, lol.

It was fun to be 10, lol.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Here's a quick, fun way to view the most recent trilogy. Takes a lot of the garbage out, and makes for a good story. Also, it's only two hours long.

[video=youtube;LhJA7I_8-14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhJA7I_8-14[/video]

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No, saw it at indoors at the then-new, now-nonexistent theatre with the Super Jumbo Screen, lol.

It came out over the summer, and every Tuesday, we'd get these tickets for kid's movies at a nearby dollar theater (The Incredible Mr. Limpet, The Shakiest Gun in the West, Cat Ballou, lol). We'd then head over to Kentucky Fried Chicken for a kid's two-piece-anna-biscuit for lunch, then finish up with Empire Strikes Back (or whatever the new movie was, assuming it was better than watching ESB again, lol.

It was fun to be 10, lol.

You were only 10? Wow so you were what 7 or 8 when the first came out?

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, something like that. Back then, there were drive-ins all around town. Now, they're all gone....

There is one here in Atlanta, though. It's not too far, and very cool (they pipe the audio through your car's stereo).