am i a fool as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otter

Nov 20, 2005
Tough Love

Canadiankitty,
No hurt feelings intended. I have been reading this board for a few years now and if I had listened to half the the advice given on this board I would have avoided many pitfalls. People are just trying to steer you away from a horrible experience. Then again, it sounds like you have it figured out and certainly this guy is different. Best of luck.

Feb 7, 2007
Ok everyone here says that everyone one who works on a resort is sankie. I'm sorry but I don't belive that.. Not every Dominican who works on a resort is sankie.

Well, here in Higuey I have couple of friends that work in Resorts. And they are not sankies (well, they work in the kitchen, so not much time or opportunity to mix with guests anyway). But they all have families, kids, and wifes and I have not seen them in anything similar to "sanky-ism".

So, I would say that NOT EVERYONE who works in a resort is sankie (obviously, there are MANY resort workers who don't see a gust from near for long and long time), but I wouldn't be so sure whether the same applies to the wait/bar/animation portion of resort staff.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Frog's Prayers

My prayers were heard.
Oh Almighty Lord, as I lay me down to sleep, I pray that all gringas would find a sankie, marry him, and take him back to her homeland and that sankieism (sic?) would be eradicated in my lifetime. Thank you Great Lord. :bunny:

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Hi CK

Just make sure that you are making the right decision. We don't know your fiance. He could be sincere. But he could be charming the pants off of you. If you have doubts or an feel uncomfortable about something listen to yourself. If he is charming you he will say whatever he needs to say to get what he wants to get OUT. You will be used as a pawn and in the end if that is the case you are going to feel used and embarassed and ashamed and DEVASTATED.

You will look back and say "Wow that's why he did that. That didn't add up. I should have.... I should have..... I should have....... but I didn't.."

There is no judgement here. I don't know you nor him. I just know how con artists work. They are very smooth.

All I am saying is do everything that you can to prove to yourself that he is who he says he is. If you have done that "surprise" visit at least once and he's on the up and up. More power to you. I would hate to see another woman taken advantage of.

If he is who is is congratulations and good luck!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
They Come and Go

...When this girl started this post, she had already decided what she wanted, and was going to get it.
Fair enough.
I had not seen her announcement in TIMES, so I was happy to find it here... :lick:

..Nor will she come back to tell us when it falls apart, either.

Well, we shall get over the loss.
Remember, this is 'Sankie 101' and thus a revolving door...

Let's just assume that not hearing from her again means that happiness rendered her speechless. :speechles

m'frog

mountain5

Feb 2, 2007
hm...

Ok, first I think that a lot of girls who fall for con artists are ashamed to talk when they discover that the love they were fighting for is not true.
Second I think it is normal that somebody like Canadiankitty has already decided what she wants,even if she asks for advice here.It doessnt mean that she wont listen to the advice but if she loves her fiancee then she will marry him no matter what others say unless she has proof that he could be a con artist.But we all know that most of them are not stupid and so they will not get caught.Unfortunately most of the girls will not discover that her bf or husband is a con artist until he got what he wanted which will be moneyor visa.
But I do agree that if somebody gets caught before he got the visa and the girl goes on with the relationship because she thinks that he really changed for her now then I think it is a little stupid because a person doesnt change that fast even if he wants too.
It is good to be honest to the girls who ask for advice but sometimes it would be good to say the things in a different way.I think that is what Canadiankitty wanted to say with her post.

Status
Not open for further replies.