Am I naive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
I am not making fun of you. you must have a persecution complex. I asked you a question that you chose not to answer other than with aggression.
You're stirring the pot and then playing innocent. We have not seen eye-to-eye on most things since my return or before. I have a long memory and you've said some harsh and untrue things, so pardon me if I'm not interested in your "question" or your opinions. If you think that I'm aggressive then you are totally clueless ;)

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
@drstock

Actually, I only believe some post with bad attitudes and issues that they have dragged from their countries of origin.
And I will not name them here in order to protect the guilty.
You don't have to be a master of observation to figure out who they are.
And I often wonder if their responses to what I post is a problem with the content...
Or who I am as a poster.

I do not make judgements on entire groups of people.
I form my opinions about them individually.

Now I have sense of humor
And I have shared it with many here on DR1
And they get it.
But others don't.
I'm fine with that.

My question to you is:
Is this a community that actually prides itself on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds or not?

EASTSIDE ‼️
Please excuse my curiosity but is the Eastside a part of the greater LA area?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Please excuse my curiosity but is the Eastside a part of the greater LA area?
His posts do sound a lot better if you read them with esse or mi vato , at the end of each sentence, and use a speaking dialect and cadence like those gang Brothers in that Movie " Blood in blood out" ... drag out them Vowels ..
lol

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You're stirring the pot and then playing innocent. We have not seen eye-to-eye on most things since my return or before. I have a long memory and you've said some harsh and untrue things, so pardon me if I'm not interested in your "question" or your opinions. If you think that I'm aggressive then you are totally clueless ;)
lol, name one untruth. Shouldn't be hard with your amazing memory.

• Haha
Reactions: Tamborista

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Why do many (but not all) on DR1...
When they find themselves intellectually bankrupt and with nothing more to add to the topic of discussion at hand...
Turn and attack the person making the post?

I will not make a list in order to protect the guilty.
I was told when I first joined DR1 and was having some trouble integrating in the community...
"Ignore the trolls"
Although it is hard given the sheer quantity that seem to be roAming the threads of DR1
It is was good advice.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
True Intellectuals I have had the pleasure of meeting .. do not refer to others as Intellectually bankrupt .

as to trolling , you must have problems looking at posts in Chronological order, or who goes back and forth, and who make actual THREATS

,. and you definitely do NOT know the History of the person you seem to be defending , who you consider a Victim , but there is no need to bring all that up again. but suffice to say, it appears you have NOT been brought up to speed .

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Truly intellectual people that I have the pleasure of meeting...do not make fun of other peoples writing styles, speech patterns or personal personas.

On the subject of trolling, many posting engage in it so improved their own sense of well-being.
Maybe even to feel superior to others unlike them.
Others are trying out their comedic routines.
I often do not find them funny.
But when I do, I give them there laughter emoji like.
For some their reading comprehension skills are lacking, because in their desire to make a point, they fail to take a step back and try to perceive things outside of the personal paradigms that they have dragged here from their countries of origin.

I have the need to defend no one.
Not even myself.
Because I do my best to focus on the topic and not the poster.
Because I do my best to ignore those who feel they need to educate me to the "ways of DR1"
I feel there is no need for that.
Because my understanding is:

"we pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds"

You see, I like being in the DR1 community.
So, I say things diplomatically.
I don't always use the kings English.
I don't have too.
But very often my true thoughts of the actual individuals that spend the most time showing their lack of intellectually ability are very different.
And I would speak to them very differently if we were face to face as opposed to hiding behind our computers screens.

So live the glory days if you like. I prefer living in the present.

"I think I'm going down to the well tonight
I'm gonna drink till I get my fill
And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it
But I probably will
Yeah, just sitting back, trying to recapture
A little of the glory, yeah
Well time slips away and leaves you with nothing, mister
But boring stories of:
GLORY DAYS" - Glory Days, Bruce Springsteen

EASTSIDE ‼️

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Not as far as protecting vulnerable people, allowing misgendering to try and belittle, and "insulting" people by insinuation. I have zero issues with calling them out. Posters of posts number 113 and 115, and any that agree and encourage them. Unfortunately for them the World and LGBTQIA+ groups and allies are watching and I expect some of them to make their presence known to the owners and mods.

I happily and proudly support all LGBTQIA+ people and other oppressed groups, and if the Neanderthals here want to take issue with that they'd best buckle up! ;)

I suspect I'll regret saying this, but do you realize that YOU are the author of post 115? Nonetheless, I also support people of all stripes - even those who have co-opted 25%+ of the alphabet. As has been said before: Live your life as you see fit.

By the way, have we reached a consensus on whether or not the o.p. is naive?

Status
Not open for further replies.