America????

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let's see: Africa, Australia, Asia, Europe, Antartica, North America and South America, that's seven. The traditional seven.

Geologically, Texas Bill is quite correct, except I think that the Caribbean Plate includes a lot of what we call Central America. North America includes Mexico, but not Central America. Panamá, I believe, is part of the South American Plate.

The DR lies on the northern boundry of the Caribbean Plate, and Cuba is actually on the northern side, or in North America!! Oh Fidel would love that!!

HB, hovering

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Hillbilly is right!

For those of you who are interested in the formation of the Caribbean Basin from early Geologic times, here is a link that is explanatory of that event.

This link is the result of a "google" on the "Caribbean Plate" and an article selected from the results of that search.

http://www.geo.tu-freiberg.de/~merkel/vorlesung/OS2001/bachmann_raik.pdf

It is instructive to note that the Western boundries of the Caribbean Plate seem to form Central America South of Nic/Hond and North of Equador/Columbia along the confluence with the Cocos Plate.

Interesting how our world has and is changing over time.

For what it's worth.
Also, if one is interested enough, I'm sure a "Google" on the term of "origin of America" would reveal many interesting references.
Isn't the Internet a wonderful tool though???

Texas Bill