mami

Mar 16, 2004
the school just got back to me

i just received this message via email from the school:

"I apologize i couldnt answer before we had some inconviniences with the
electricity, but no that is not true, most of the students we have here are
americans, what you should do before you come here is go to the dominican
embassy in your city or state and certify their birth certificates, so they
can have the papers ready for the school.

If any other questions feel free to write us back, again I apologize for the
delay."

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
p1atan0 said:
Im an American of German background and I went to school in the Dominican Republic for 3 years. Most of my cousins were born in the U.S. and all went to school in DR and infact they still live there.

Tell (nosey) to mind her business and to stop talking "Ple Pla"

I HAVE THE SAME SCENERIO
MY 3 COUSINS AND MY AUNT MOVED TO DR AFTER SHE BECAME A WIDOW AND THAT WAS IN '87 AND THE MIDDLE CHILD IS AN ENGINEER IN DR AND HE IS NOT CITIZEN. SO PLEASE PUT NOSEY'S COMENTS IN A BOTTOMLESS GLASS OF WATER

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Mami: the whole thing is a crock

of Doo=doo! Utter nonsense!

If you are married to a Dominican you can automatically become a Dominican citizen. Unless you have "priors" for narco trafficking or murder or money laundering or terrorist activities, you wouldn't be deported.

And your kids just need that birth certificate, or their passports! to enter schools. ANY schools.

As for the banks? You haven't told us what bank. The Central Bank did pay lower interest rates on the latest certificates--all the way down from 61% to 58% per annum! Your friendly banker will still be paying at least 2% per month on CDs, and currently, there are no banks that appear to be in danger.
Popular, Progreso, Leon and BHD are all very happy. You might have hubby (he is your hubby, isn't he?) look into mortgages at one of the big S & L s like Cibao (Asociaci?n Cibao de Ahorros y Pr?stamos).

Enjoy the vacation, forget the bit?h.

HB

mami

Mar 16, 2004
Hillbilly said:
of Doo=doo! Utter nonsense!

If you are married to a Dominican you can automatically become a Dominican citizen. Unless you have "priors" for narco trafficking or murder or money laundering or terrorist activities, you wouldn't be deported.

And your kids just need that birth certificate, or their passports! to enter schools. ANY schools.

As for the banks? You haven't told us what bank. The Central Bank did pay lower interest rates on the latest certificates--all the way down from 61% to 58% per annum! Your friendly banker will still be paying at least 2% per month on CDs, and currently, there are no banks that appear to be in danger.
Popular, Mercantil, Leon and BHD are all very happy. You might have hubby (he is your hubby, isn'the?) look into mortgages at one of the big S & L s like Cibao (Asociaci?n Cibao de Ahorros y Pr?stamos).

enjoy the vacation, forget the bit?h.

HB

no i am not married to him. the bank is bancredito he was earning in the 50ish in interest and it dropped to 16%. i'm not moving now.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ahhh..see? That is why Bancredito is no longer

in existance. it was taken over by Banco Le?n as a favor to the government.
16% is good interest, and Banco Leon is very solid.

I think that this was the case. Banco Mercantil was taken over by the Republic Bank of Trinidad and Credito by Leon, right?

Anyway, there is still no reason for you to be deported. that is a crock!

HB