American robbed and assauted in Las Terrenas

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
It happened downtown, in one of the two main streets.
All right, it could have been late at night, but LT is busy all night long.

There were several attacks recently, some very brutal, on young women on their way home at night (near the BTA intersection at the southern end of town).

donP

As you say LT is a very small place in reality and the main roads are busy all night and well lit.

What perhaps is more a concern if there is a spate of such incidents, would be along the beach front roads which are poorly lit!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
You are mentally deranged.

As far as I have heard the perpretators were Dominicans.
It is also unlikely that French residents are behind that crime (like paying Dominicans to commit it).

donP

Marcion was joking, the gang is referring to was when TV was still black and white.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
It happened downtown, in one of the two main streets.
All right, it could have been late at night, but LT is busy all night long.

There were several attacks recently, some very brutal, on young women on their way home at night (near the BTA intersection at the southern end of town).

donP

Scary !

Where is the BTA intersection ? Around la bomba vieja (de arriba) ?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Young Local Robbers

As far as I have heard the perpretators were Dominicans.

I can confirm that two Dominicans (both 21) did it.
They live in LT (barrios 'Come Pan' and 'Monte Adentro').
They robbed the victim of her handbag containing a cellphone Samsung Galaxy S4 and 3,000 RD$ in cash.
The victim obviously chased the robbers on her scooter and may have sustained her head injury by crashing into a wall*.

donP

Source: police report

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I have the solution to purse snatching. It involves placing a grenade in ones empty purse attached to your wrist by a string. Works every time.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
ZOOM, in a "semi-related"note.
I was an adviser to the Vietnamese navy.
They started cutting the screens to our hut, and stealing tHe items we stored on the window sill. :bandit::bandit::bandit:
After much complaining, to no avail, we put a small amount of "C-4" EXPLOSIVE IN AN OLD RADIO, wired it to blow if the radio was pulled out the window.
When we heard it blow, we looked for the guy with one hand!!!!!!! :hurt::hurt::hurt::hurt:

THAT, only worked "One Time"!!!!!!

BUT THEN, it only had to work ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Hey CC Wonder if it would be possible to wire up a purse with an M80 or three. Do they have M80s in the DR? Even one used to do a job on a mailbox. Imagine it would deter a purse snatcher.

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
Well, we all know who's running the show up there in Las Terrenas and I wouldn't be surprised if a French biker gang was involved. Saw her riding the pasola and assumed she was with a rival gang.

Gang des Tractions Avant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One thing is sure, most of the French Jailbirds from South of France are in LT. I met one few years ago , I asked him if he'd never consider going back to france , he said "JAMAIS DE LA VIE !!!!" or "HELL NO !!!", and looking at me like I was insane lol.

Sad for this lady, LT used to be a safe.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
La Grande Nation in LT

One thing is sure, most of the French Jailbirds of South of France are in LT. I met one few years ago ...

You may be right. ;)
Somebody once pointed to a table near us where 4 Frenchmen* sat and commented "what you see over there is about fifty years of jailtime...".

But again, in the crime we are discussing in this thread 'La Grande Nation' was not involved... :sleep:

donP

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
You may be right. ;)
Somebody once pointed to a table near us where 4 Frenchmen* sat and commented "what you see over there is about fifty years of jailtime...".

But again, in the crime we are discussing in this thread 'La Grande Nation' was not involved... :sleep:

donP

Yep for sure this type of individuals would not waste their time and cover-up with such a stupid robbery. It was all signed up (local : Haitian or Dominican)

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
In no way I blame the victim, but I don't think you should follow the robbers. What if they had a gun?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Often Armed

In no way I blame the victim, but I don't think you should follow the robbers. What if they had a gun?

I agree, many do and shoot indiscriminately once they encounter resistance or are followed.
It was certainly foolish to pursue the attackers and I wonder whether the victim is a resident (and thus should have known better) or a tourist...

donP

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I agree, many do and shoot indiscriminately once they encounter resistance or are followed.
It was certainly foolish to pursue the attackers and I wonder whether the victim is a resident (and thus should have known better) or a tourist...

donP

I would assume a resident knows better. Her actions shout tourist.