American traera su triple 7 a Santo Domingo

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ask any airline pilot or A/P mechanics, they will all tell you the same thing: Boeing rules the skies of the world.
compare any airbus junk with the 777 wide body.
Look at the cost saving in pilot training between 757, 767, 777.
Cockpits are almost identical between all of them and pilot only needs little training before jumping from one plane to another. When these planes land at any airport, mechanics only have to check a few things and the plane is back in the air making money for the airline, on the other hand, airbus planes have to be throughly checked and rechecked because so much goes wrong with them. mechanics hate these planes and the pilots complain especially when they are coming off from a boeing in to this junk.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
I forgot

The A300 tail is made from composite, which is another name for PLASTIC. It figures what happened with the A300 from JFK-SDQ. It is the first time I have heard an airplane breaking in pieces in midair (and I have to fly two A300 tomorrow (scary)). This conversation could go forever, my point is Boeing is a heavy duty aircraft, experience proven, excellent fighter airplane, etc, etc.

Now, PLEASE....don't compare layoffs. Remember the apple to apple thing, boeing has closed some productions plants for aircrafts they don't produce anymore such as the MD80, MD11, etc.

Airbus is just a copycat reproduction of the Boeing family. Plain and Simple. Wait until the Airbus fleet ages over.

And you know why Airbus is selling?? Because is a friking consortium between all of the European Community countries. What do you think Iberia is going to buy??? They have subisidies to buy Airbus. Do your research.. Airbus wants to go bigger, Boeing wants to get there faster, where do you think the market will be heading???

And please, don't go with the live in the real world BS. Don't get me started.

Dominicanoxp

Dec 19, 2002
miren

be realistic don't you know americans don't give a damm about DR
that's why no one knows what happened there
if it's france - UK - etc... not a third world country like they call us dominicans todo tuviera aclarado. no sean ignorantes a este pais no le importamos nada
ustede como que no len noticias
nadie sabe lo que paso
oh ahora se
que la fibra de carbon es plastico
go to aeronautic school and learn about planes

bye

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
yada yada yada

The comparison was made that metal is stronger than composite. But of course you didn't understand that. The airplane belongs to an American Carrier and crashed on American Soil. There's a lot of money pending on the insurance claims on which side to blame, Airbus or AA. So yes, I think the americans are very interested on know what happened with that flight.

I'm off...going home for the holidays. Everybody, merry xmas and happy new year.

swake

Oct 27, 2002
GRS, what makes you think Iberia got subventions for buying the busses? The likes of AF, BA, Alitalia would scream living hell over that, not to mention companies in other sectors. Unless you can proof otherwise I really don't think EU airlines get any kind of grease to buy Airbus, take KLM, a traditional Boeing customer and operating an all Boeing fleet. Preventing countries from granting their national industries is one of the prime tasks of the European Commission.

Oh well, wasn't this thread about the 777 to SDQ...
Merry X-mas ya'all