AMET Getting Tough

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Normal Chaos

I made a right at the intersection and the bike was going the wrong way in the right lane I was turning onto.
Of course they got pi$$ed at me, they are NEVER wrong here.

verkehr.jpg

donP

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

that give's the correct Insight, yep.
been surprised today, driving to and all afternoon long thru Higuey, here named Safacon City, and I did not see not even a single AMET at any point, usually you see a dozen at least only driving thru the City once.
they all must be on Duty in the Capital now to write some tickets there, lol.
on the other side,
during the last days here in Punta Cana/Bavaro I see them several Times per day with their Tow Truck full of Pasolas and Motoconchos on the way to their Headquarter in Veron to unload the Truck and come back to Bavaro to fill it up again.
the 2-wheeled-Assassins seem to be the Targets here at the moment, but such can of course right tomorrow morning switch to New Jeepetas etc again, they always have their specific run on specific Targets here for a week or two, then they switch to the next Order.

Mike

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Rude Behaviour

(...) by the head officer I was called "vieja mierda".

Such rude behaviour should be reported to his superior.
Not that it would change the character of this officer but to let them know that it is not done in civilisation...

donP

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
LOL....
This pictures speaks 1000 words but one thing missing though. If there are few missing manhole covers this picture is perfect illustration of DR roads...

one more thing.... the cop should be accepting bribes

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Its 1992, my 1st trip to the DR, my Dominican friend gets pulled over by a cop. My friend pulls out an open bottle of rum, the cop takes a few swigs, hands the bottle back and we go on our way. The good ole days!

Dec 26, 2011
Its 1992, my 1st trip to the DR, my Dominican friend gets pulled over by a cop. My friend pulls out an open bottle of rum, the cop takes a few swigs, hands the bottle back and we go on our way. The good ole days!

I remember a trip I took around that time(maybe 94?). Quite a range of personalities in the cops. One guy was all business and he was right to be, I made an illegal u-turn so I gave him something for the kids' Xmas presents. One guy asked me to give him enough for a beer and I gave him enough for two because I liked his honesty. Another thought about asking but his conscience kicked in and he left it at a big smile and sincere wishes for a safe and pleasant trip. The funniest was a team(old guy/young guy) that stopped us going west from SD(Bani or Barahona, I forget). They asked for my license and walked away with it to come up with a plan. I grew restless and got out and confronted them with "Are you sure you want to mess with me? You don't know who I am." This made the young guy want to fight but the old guy reprimanded him "dale su vaina... dale su vaina". Got back in the car and got right back out. I told the kid I wasn't satisfied with his behavior and needed his name and badge number to take it up with the proper authorities. LOL The old man said "perdona perdona vete, por favor." My ex's aunt said she never saw someone so red before. :)

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
damn my first trip to dr a cop pulled my us over and the driver was dominican who was kind of like a guide for us and told him that we had to give him 300 bucks u.s. like he was gonna plant drugs on us and the cop found out that the guide was dominican and let us go. he looks like a tourist

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Last trip (around X-mas) it happened thrice...

1. On the ramp going up the highway from LA Vega towards the North. The cops waved me over, one walked up to me, didn't ask for papers and told me to give him money.... I very calmly told him I had no money for him... he looked at me and asked me again... I told him the same thing again...this went back and forth a couple of times until he had had enough and told me to be on my way..

2. Around the North Coast area a couple of guys on motors would stop me once when I exited the Super Super store in Sosua and once when I was driving between Sosua and Cabarete... they would pull up wave me down and ask for a Christmas donation. Both times I told them I was unfamiliar with their request and I was going to call my brother in law who is a somewhat known local judge and ask him for advice while telling him I would be a little late for dinner... It went away real quick..

Aferwards, I have discussed these events with my Dominican family and we agreed that:

1. It is VERY important to always remain calm and polite, to never insult the police involved and to remain patient. There have been instances where these situations would get out of hand with unforeseen consequences (to both parties involved) when emotions ran high.

2. If you are confronted with these situations always look at the environment; are you on a busy street in broad daylight where people might video the incident or are you are drunk and with unknown company at night in a dark alleyway then maybe one should consider paying up...