Annoying Issue Fixed...

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
Since I didn't know there was a problem before with wrapping, it didn't affect me in FF (or didn't notice).

However, when I tried to post today I was going a bit crazy as I thought my keyboard died.

I checked the dongle, checked batteries, rinse, lather, repeat. I don't think the average person is going to understand or find the 'work-around'. As I generally use the 'Preview' function, I figured it out.

Is there a reason for sticking with a 'custom' skin that apparently various issues for various users? Nostalgia? Simplicity?

FWIW, my vote is to revert if fixing the custom skin is not possible.

Every post now for me is a run-on-sentence... :alien:

May 20, 2012
It seems that when I press the space bar twice, after a full stop, I get an asterisk in front of the next sentence. *Strange.

Using Safari on a Mac running El Capitan. *Test. *Test. *Test.
yes I still have that asterisk thing going on. In Safari and on the iPhone.*

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Firefox on Win 7. Testing testing testing...

spaces spaces spaces spaces. Looks like return key does work but does not show in the window.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
As you can see, some browsers are fine, others not.

It also changes with browser version numbers.

No easy fix I'm afraid...... or we go back to before.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Since I didn't know there was a problem before with wrapping, it didn't affect me in FF (or didn't notice).

However, when I tried to post today I was going a bit crazy as I thought my keyboard died.

I checked the dongle, checked batteries, rinse, lather, repeat. I don't think the average person is going to understand or find the 'work-around'. As I generally use the 'Preview' function, I figured it out.

Is there a reason for sticking with a 'custom' skin that apparently various issues for various users? Nostalgia? Simplicity?

FWIW, my vote is to revert if fixing the custom skin is not possible.

Every post now for me is a run-on-sentence... :alien:

I continue to get the asterisks, the run on sentences? can you check into fixing the custom skin?*

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I continue to get the asterisks, the run on sentences… can you check into fixing the custom skin…*

The default skin is nothing like DR1, hence we use a custom skin.

The custom skin has been fixed. I can undo the fix and we can all go back to long running sentences that has been the norm for a while. Take your pick?

The * only effects certain browser and OS combinations and a small number of users.
I posted a few examples further back in the thread.