Another rescue!

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
The survival instincts of the human body should never cease to amaze us!!, the brain included for those who doubt their intelects longevity.:cheeky:

Just wondering:
If a human body accustomed to going without food, or that receives very little of it, adjusts and deals with hunger more readily so than a body used to constant food input.

The Clear Enigma

Oct 24, 2009
Would you extend the same courtesy if Haiti was an economic powerhouse attributing their economic and financial prowess to their tribal African religions, their cultural biases which now you use as a cause for their failure?

I doubt that.

I must agree my dear Watson, I mean Onions/Carrots,humans have this tendency to overlook and discard the measuring stick used in prior judgement,instead they switch to a protractor and by doing so negate assessing the correct accomplishments to whom credit is owed to.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
However we know their problems are related to their culture.

"We" do not all feel the same. If you pick up a few books and videos and do some research on this subject, you will find that their history is complicated and multi-faceted, as are the reasons for their current plight.

Some of the answers will probably not fit in with your pre-conceived notions of their culture.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just wondering:
If a human body accustomed to going without food, or that receives very little of it, adjusts and deals with hunger more readily so than a body used to constant food input.

On the surface that makes sense, but wouldn't they have less reserves to help? I think it is genetic, not as a race, but personal DNA that might make the difference.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
"We" do not all feel the same. If you pick up a few books and videos and do some research on this subject, you will find that their history is complicated and multi-faceted, as are the reasons for their current plight.

Its curious that countries with similar culture (ie west african descended like Haiti) all seem to have complicated and multi-faceted history.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
On the surface that makes sense, but wouldn't they have less reserves to help? I think it is genetic, not as a race, but personal DNA that might make the difference.

They might not have the reserves, but the processing might be much more efficient. And the method of storage for the reserves. this has been somewhat written about with the San people of africa.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Its curious that countries with similar culture (ie west african descended like Haiti) all seem to have complicated and multi-faceted history.

The culture of the African blacks in Haiti was a culture under the yoke of slavery.

The resulting conditions are comparable with West Africa but for different reasons.

Those West African nations suffered two catastrophes one after the other-depopulation from the slave trade and European colonialism.

What you have left are differing sorts of mayhem that resulted in the same type of economic underdevelopment.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
berzin, perhaps could you name some west-african descended-culture countries which have been successful economically?