Any bus options from SDQ or is it still only taxi or Uber ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Any bus options to - from SDQ or is it still only taxi or Uber ? I know about the Guaga but that is brutal.

rover

Aug 19, 2007
I am talking about from the airport itself. Anyway to avoid the large taxi bill to get out of the airport to the bus station ?

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
Do you speak Spanish?

If not I'd consider the safety and convenience of the taxi well spent. I've always taken a taxi. Others have dabbled, with less and less success, with trying Uber. The distance from the airport to the main road is prohibitive, safety wise, to walking IMO but if you could get there then a publico. If you aren't familiar with the routes, forget it.

TLDR just pony up and take a taxi

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Do you speak Spanish?

If not I'd consider the safety and convenience of the taxi well spent. I've always taken a taxi. Others have dabbled, with less and less success, with trying Uber. The distance from the airport to the main road is prohibitive, safety wise, to walking IMO but if you could get there then a publico. If you aren't familiar with the routes, forget it.

TLDR just pony up and take a taxi
I speak Spanish very well and been going to the D.R. for over 25 years but why are we discussing me ?

I even mentioned I had taken the guaga from the airport which I know most including you don't even know about.

I haven't been to Santo Domingo in about 7 years and may be flying in there and was just wondering if they ever got around to putting a bus stop there thats all.

I do everything I can to not get taken advantage of by the taxi mafia et al.

• Sad
Reactions: OldSkool

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
I speak Spanish very well and been going to the D.R. for over 25 years but why are we discussing me ?

I even mentioned I had taken the guaga from the airport which I know most including you don't even know about.

I haven't been to Santo Domingo in about 7 years and may be flying in there and was just wondering if they ever got around to putting a bus stop there thats all.
In that case the answer if nope.

Enjoy your trip LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.