Any improvements in bus time from Santo Domingo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Been a long time since I took the bus from Santo Domingo jto Sosua ust wondering with all the new routes in the last years if it is any quicker or still the same 5 hours.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The last time I looked, the scheduled time between Santo Domingo and Sosua is 4 hours. I think MetroBus has one or two expresses a day that does it in less time(?).

Reactions: rover

rover

Aug 19, 2007
The last time I looked, the scheduled time between Santo Domingo and Sosua is 4 hours. I think MetroBus has one or two expresses a day that does it in less time(?).
Anyone know if it stops in Santiago?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Anyone know if it stops in Santiago?
The express bus only has one stop in Santiago. The other ones have two and one of those stops is sort of a rest stop where you can get off and get some food and drinks - maybe about 15 minutes. I don't think the express bus even stops stops in Puerto Plata(?). The regular ones do.

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Metro Tours is another bus company who did this route. From SD over Santiago to PP and Sosua. Cost is 400 Pesos.
The Busstation is on Avenida Luperon corner Independencia.

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
How much are you potentially saving on airfare flying in SDQ instead of POP?

I find that the older I get the more I value simplicity and comfort over a couple hundred difference in airfare

rover

Aug 19, 2007
How much are you potentially saving on airfare flying in SDQ instead of POP?

I find that the older I get the more I value simplicity and comfort over a couple hundred difference in airfare

I agree but I was more thinking of flying out of SDQ because it is the only airport that has any flights within reason to go to South America and hate getting riped off by the taxi mafia.

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
I agree but I was more thinking of flying out of SDQ because it is the only airport that has any flights within reason to go to South America and hate getting riped off by the taxi mafia.
To or from it's the same. Sometimes it's best to just go with the flow. You have virtually no other, safe, options that are worth the effort. That IS the general consensus and I'm sure that someone will correct me if not ;) LOL

The $33 fare is simply a part of the cost. I believe that's the official current price. It keeps going up. I seem to remember 500 pesos well into the past. Then 700, 800 and 1000. Now it's over1800. I gave up thinking in dollars a long time ago.

I once took a moto to or from the airport, it's so long ago I really don't recall the direction, and along the highway, and promised myself to never be a cheap idiot like that again LOL. There's a Dominican word for that...

My life is worth LOT more, is yours?

Reactions: rover

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I went to SD from Sosúa about a month ago, took the express bus and then back again. First of all, no 3-3,5 hours, that is what it takes me to get from Sosúa to SD with my car. It more or less took around 4,5 hours both ways. And NO although some have erroneously commented that it stops in Santiago, it does NOT. The express takes the circunvalación around Santiago and doesn't stop there, closest stop is in La Vega. But it was surprisingly easy and comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.