Anyone aged 18-30 in puerto plata?

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
Anyone in puerto plata from October onwards?

Hey, i was just wondering if theres anyone who will be in Puerto plata from october 05- april 06, as im coming alone and would really like to meet some people so i wont have to be totally alone the whole time i'm there!! I'm 19, female and from England. If anyone is interested in meeting up while im in Puerto plata i would be very grateful!

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
There have to be all sorts of people living there in that age range, 18-30. Good chance to leave the AI resort and practice your Spanish on real people.

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Heads Up...

ricktoronto said:
There have to be all sorts of people living there in that age range, 18-30. Good chance to leave the AI resort and practice your Spanish on real people.

Hey RickyT I dont think the OP will be in a AI since he said he will be there from Oct 05 - April 06!!!...lol ;)

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
.......she actually

R.Dennis said:
Hey RickyT I dont think the OP will be in a AI since he said he will be there from Oct 05 - April 06!!!...lol ;)

Well firstly im female, so generally that would be 'she will be here from oct-april'!! no im not staying in an AI hotel, been there done that, im going for the real people, the real language and the real culture, not holiday making life!! But i was just wondering whether there was ne one who uses DR1 who's aroung that age and would like to 'show me the ropes' and 'hot spots' etc!!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
jellylegs2002 said:
Well firstly im female, so generally that would be 'she will be here from oct-april'!! no im not staying in an AI hotel, been there done that, im going for the real people, the real language and the real culture, not holiday making life!! But i was just wondering whether there was ne one who uses DR1 who's aroung that age and would like to 'show me the ropes' and 'hot spots' etc!!

You'd do OK with people older than that, who are on DR1 and really know a lot about the area. They'd know a lot of people and I am sure you'd meet people younger than they are who they know. Maybe pose your request to anyone resident there and get more offers?

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
good idea

ricktoronto said:
You'd do OK with people older than that, who are on DR1 and really know a lot about the area. They'd know a lot of people and I am sure you'd meet people younger than they are who they know. Maybe pose your request to anyone resident there and get more offers?

Yeah i'll do that, i didn't really mean only those people cos anyone would be nice than no one!! thanx

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Here's a link to a similar thread.
They were looking for people in The Capital, but some people in the thread were from other areas of the DR. You may want to PM some of the posters.

I think daydream and PeachezNcream84 are in their twenties and are in the POP area for an extended vacation. I think daydream is also a Brit.

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
great

rellosk said:
Here's a link to a similar thread.
They were looking for people in The Capital, but some people in the thread were from other areas of the DR. You may want to PM some of the posters.

I think daydream and PeachezNcream84 are in their twenties and are in the POP area for an extended vacation. I think daydream is also a Brit.

Thanx for the info

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
just pick any random night to have a couple beers at Sam's... you'll meet some of the POP ex-pats there. All ages.

(sadly i'm 27 and leaning towards the latter end of your age bracket. sheesh... getting older every day.)

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
TimInDR said:
just pick any random night to have a couple beers at Sam's... you'll meet some of the POP ex-pats there. All ages.

(sadly i'm 27 and leaning towards the latter end of your age bracket. sheesh... getting older every day.)

.....and i'm 30,,, sheesh just borderline in her age group.
lol... but i look younger than 30.

i might be in Puerto plata around that time; so if you meet
other DR1's i can join you and your new friends.

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
Great!

Well, i'll let ppl know when im actually in Puerto plata, will be mid-late october, so i'll put another post up then, and anyone who wants to meet would be very welcome, and i'd love to get to know some more ppl.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
ggn420 said:
Ricky Ratardo.....dahhhh

I will congratulate you for this pithy comment which shows your intellect continues at 1/2 mast but you are figuring out the quoting without making a bollocks of it so well done there.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Many expats in POP

Escott, Carina, Planner, Sunnie ....... Hey guys say hello to your future neignbour. :classic:

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
shadInToronto said:
Escott, Carina, Planner, Sunnie ....... Hey guys say hello to your future neignbour. :classic:

Well, we don?t fit to that age group... Only Sunnie..
Scott I don?t know but he IS over 30 no matter what he says, Planner 47 or something, me 41....
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

But the OP will learn, no one cares about age here.
I have friends that are 25 and friends that are 65. ;)

jellylegs2002

Apr 9, 2005
your right, i dont care about age

I have friends that are 25 and friends that are 65. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah your totally right, after i posted the title, i tried to change it, but it didn't happen!! i dont care who i meet, im sure your all lovely and worth having as friends!! Counting the days till october.........

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
Every time I go to the DR i'm am way under 30!!

I am sure that 6 months will bring you wonderful things.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
jellylegs2002 said:
I have friends that are 25 and friends that are 65. ;)

Yeah your totally right, after i posted the title, i tried to change it, but it didn't happen!! i dont care who i meet, im sure your all lovely and worth having as friends!! Counting the days till october.........[/QUOTE]

Hehe.. now you are trying to get out of the situation.. ;)

Seriously though, you will find that age is really not very important here..

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
TimInDR said:

Get your social security card out and ready NOW!!!

Sheesh I got undies older than you...