Anyone with success stories about relationships with hotel/resort workers?

kacheena

Dec 14, 2004
I met my husband when he was working at a hotel. He was the handyman. We were married a year after we met and I lived in Puerto Plata for 3 months. He's now in Canada. It was hard for him at first but now it's better. We have been married for 2 years now and have a 7 month old son.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
americangirl said:
I swear, why do threads about Dominican men always go down SANKIE ROAD...

ONLY when they are from girls like you...............................

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Brown Stuff From Above

americangirl said:
....I think there has got to be some good Dominican men that are resort workers, there just has to be....

OK, you stepped in it, it smelled bad, and it was what it looked like.

Now you want to find out whether there is brown stuff that looks like the one you stepped in, smells bad and is sheer luck or heaven sent.

Good luck.

m'frog

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Originally Posted by americangirl
....I think there has got to be some good Dominican men that are resort workers, there just has to be....

Please explain, why does it have to be a resort worker? You just can't raise your standards above the resort trash, or can you?
AZB

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
AZB said:
Originally Posted by americangirl

Please explain, why does it have to be a resort worker? You just can't raise your standards above the resort trash, or can you?
AZB

not everyone who works in a resort is trash.
I know many of you have been there done that and lived through it all .... but there are such things as good resort workers out there.
Its people like you who make such asinine comments .... grouping all resort workers as trash ...
at least i was taught never to make assumptions that just because someone works in a resort that they amount to nothing!

*Baby Girl

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
to the OP ... good luck but keep your eyes wide open.
Spending as much time with him in the DR is best. Not one week vacations twice a year, that doesnt help build the relationship.
Watch out for red flags and seriously take it slowly. Its better to wait too long for a good thing than to rush into something and have it fall to peices!

*Baby Girl

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
But why only a damn resort worker? Aren't there any other worthy dominicans around? Why not learn from dominicans themselves? They don't seem to want to make friends with the resort workers, so why are you so facinated in meeting one? There is far more to dominican republic than just pina colada and the resort pool. Come on people, open up your eyes for a change.
AZB

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
AZB said:
But why only a damn resort worker? Aren't there any other worthy dominicans around? Why not learn from dominicans themselves? They don't seem to want to make friends with the resort workers, so why are you so facinated in meeting one? There is far more to dominican republic than just pina colada and the resort pool. Come on people, open up your eyes for a change.
AZB

alot of these girls fall for resort workers because they havent been exposed to "real dominican culture". Alot have not ventured off the resorts so all they have to fall for is the resort worker (or sankie in your terms!)

Alot understand that there is more to the Dominican Republic than the sankie resort workers, but some may just be too scared to venture off that "safe" course they are used to on vacation!

*Baby Girl

G

gary short

Yup..damn straight AZB.......I won't claim I've seen the whole country.......but I've travelled up into the hills a fair bit and therefore I've seen paradise as I consider it. Beautiful small towns, incredible terrain and people that would give you the shirt off their back. This country is beautiful beyond belief........

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
Rocky said:
It's a contradiction of terms, besides, wouldn't you have to be old and on your death bed to truly be able to say that it had a happy ending?

im sure if she played her cards write...she'd recieve quite a few 'happy endings' .....oh papi!!!!! thats the way uh huh i like it...oh papi!!!!!!!!....slap my white american rump...sankie!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Needle In A Hay Stack

Baby Girl said:
...not everyone who works in a resort is trash....
This has been said so often but you seem to be prejudiced and resistant to accept facts which you don't like to hear as many other victims.
Obviously women on vacation always find DDD's in their resort.
Amazing.
Oh, what a luck!

m'frog

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
mountainfrog said:
This has been said so often but you seem to be prejudiced and resistant to accept facts which you don't like to hear as many other victims.
Obviously women on vacation always find DDD's in their resort.
Amazing.
Oh, what a luck!

m'frog

what does DDD mean?:eek:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
mountainfrog said:
Definitely Different Dominican

Copyright with Anna, I guess. ;)

I always thought it stands for
Dumb Dominican Dude.... :(

Dumb Domincan Dude can be used more often!

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
americangirl said:
This should not be in sankie 101 because if they are success stories, the men were obviously not sankies.

I am not looking for amination/resort worker/chcocolate friend love, so do not jump on me for that!!!;)

I just wonder if anyone has even had a successful relationship with a happy ending with a resort worker from the DR. I hear people say, "Not everyone at a resort is a Sankie." So, if this is true, please tell us about your relationship. Though it is important to be practical when dealing with men you barely know from a different country, it is nice to hear some stories with happy endings.

So is there anyone that married or is dating a resort work, is proud of it, and things are going well? Prove to us that not all Resort workers in the DR are sankies. Thanks.:bunny:

I get free hamburgers, fries, and coke from a girl who works at a McDonalds in Santo Domingo. :chinese:

But I prefer Dominican food over that McDonalds crap.