Apartment Hunt

Albert Roman

Nov 25, 2013
THE PROBLEMS WITH THESE WEDSITES ClassifiedsTHEY ARE NEVER UPDATED, SO WHEN YOU REQUEST INFO. MOST OF THEM HAVE BEEN SOLD,THEY ARE FALSE & NEVER SEND INFO.

I WANT TO INVEST IN A I BEDROOM APARTMENT IN GAZCUE.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
THE PROBLEMS WITH THESE WEDSITES ClassifiedsTHEY ARE NEVER UPDATED, SO WHEN YOU REQUEST INFO. MOST OF THEM HAVE BEEN SOLD,THEY ARE FALSE & NEVER SEND INFO.

I WANT TO INVEST IN A I BEDROOM APARTMENT IN GAZCUE.

the best way to do that is to walk around the neighborhood. Gazcue.. or what they call Gazcue.. is a big place..with lots of construction going on. You have to decide for yourself if you want to be near the Zona or near Maximo Gomez... in a newer building or an older.. one with a planta and good security for rentals... all that... the best prices are while the building is in construction. The newer apartments are expensive and smaller. The older ones are bigger and need repairs and often not so attractive to renters. But all of them are going to require that you spend time on the ground. You have to know the area at least so that if you call on an ad and can at least get the approximate address, you will know the street.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Albert, "INVEST" may be a poor choice of words!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
If you haven't lived in the DR, and, I strongly suggest,in the area you want to "INVEST" in for 6 months, better a year, you should not even be thinking about purchasing anything here!

Apr 13, 2011
Since this was re-opened, I will update to say that I was able to get an apartment to rent (not invest or purchase). The "classifieds" are just a guide to get an idea and get started - you actually need to talk with people and see apartments before making any decisions - and as you talk to people, they tell you of other apartments to look at...

Albert Roman

Nov 25, 2013
yea, mountainannie, the best way to do that is to walk around the neighborhood & try to get a good deal. Do you know new projects under constrution in gazcue near the zona colonial under $70,000.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
let me think.. one million pesos is now $23000 so three million is $69,000. I have not seen any signs of projects nearby but that would be perhaps the price for a studio in a new building.. It would get you a two bedroom in an older building, if you look around. The advantages of the older buildings also is that they usually have a condo association in place and have someone paying their bills. Times2Homes handles a lot of the new construction here and ONYNX always seems to be building a high rise. The high rises are allowed only on Bolivar.. the traffic sounds are horrible.. but they look good on the front. Check the listings in Listin Diario.