Apartment or ApartHotel In SD?

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
hi all! as per my previous posts...

i am volunteering at villa bendicion in gazcue in february and am having some trouble finding accomodations in SD. because i will only be there for a month finding an apartment is hard as most owners want a longer term tenant and if they offer me an apartment and a tenant offering a longer commitment comes along before i get there im SOL :(

by budget is about $50 US/night (or $1100 US/month) including taxes and fees. i would prefer to stay in an apartment as opposed to a hotel during my stay and i would like something within minutes of or in the malecon or colonial zone. ive heard really good things about gazcue but i would like to stay in a busier area if possible.

im not too fussy (;)) but definitely want something clean and in a safe area. ill be travelling alone so something like a studio apartment would be perfect. ive checked previous threads on aparthotels and their links but the few i checked out have had a few shady reviews, are already booked or are over my budget.

if anyone has any suggestions, i would appreciate it.

thanks!

Manigault

Dec 26, 2006
When I was looking for a place in SD, I found some good stuff on supercasas.com..I like it because most ads have pictures of the apartments.

Another option would be to grab a hotel for 3-4 days then look for a place when you are down there.

johnsantodomingo

May 13, 2006
I can mention some hotels there are all around the same area in Gazcue and within walking distance so you can go there and check them out. El Senorial, Casona Dorada, Hotel Danae, La Grand Mansion, Hotel Recidencia and Hotel Riparbella. They are all between 30 and 50 USD.

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
thanks johnsantodomingo!! ive looked at some of these but ill check the rest of them out!

cheers,
sascha

Kat1144

Nov 23, 2007
Hi .. I can recommend ApartaHotel Plaza del Sol - it is close to Gazcue. I have stayed there a few times and it is clean, safe & affordable. 809-686-2614

Enjoy your stay in DR!