Apartment / Villa

CHERYL.W

Mar 14, 2002
I will be in Puerto Plata from 29th September for 2 weeks and am trying to find an apartment in Puerto Plata or have been recomended by friends to try and find out about a villa in Costambar.

Has anyone stayed in Costambar before? How far is it from Playa Dorada and Puerto Plata?

I do have yet another question for you Graham, Joanne has told me that the one that she stayed in in March was nice and wondered if you knew how to get in contact with them?

Thanks everyone in advance

CANUCK2

May 24, 2002
Costambar

I have lived in Costambar parts of each year since 1988 and have a home there we built in 1993. In fact, we'll be there in early September for a week.
Costambar isonly about 10 mins to downtown Puerto Plata and about 20 mins to Playa Dorada.
We know many locals, including taxi drivers who are good friends if you want to arrange reasonable excursions.
What kind of accomodation are you looking for?
I'd be happy to give you other info about the area if you have other questions.

Helen

Jan 1, 2002
Cheryl...Contact Grahame

Hi Cheryl,
Your best bet would be to contact Grahame directly. He is a great contact to have and he has a friend who owns a hotel in Costambar. I stayed in an aparta-hotel in Costambar in May and found the accomodations (Oceans Villa) a little sparse. It's also quite quiet. If you have friends who have a car, etc, I'm sure you'll be fine travelling to and from Playa Dorada & Puerto Plata.