approximate cost of taxi from metro to zona colonial?

Jul 28, 2008
You might want to specify which metro stop you are referring to. That said, most taxi fees within the capital should cost between 200 - 400 pesos to go almost any where. Caution, however, that many taxis may want to overcharge you if they feel that you are not savvy to what is a normal price. And, feel free to haggle if they want to charge over 200 pesos.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I am guessing you are talking about the Metro bus of which there is only one bus depot in SD, that I know of. There are "official" Metro taxis waiting at the bus depot but as one would expect their fare is slightly higher than if you called a taxi and waited for it to arrive. My guess the taxi waiting at the bus depot would be 300 pesos.

Yes, you can call Apollo and get a ride to the zona for 200 pesos but your Spanish better be up to par plus you will have to wait about five minutes for it to arrive.

Get off the bus, haggle with the cab driver, get him down to 300 pesos and be on your way. After a long bus ride haggling to save a buck most times don't make sense.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
thanks. yeah metro bus to mecure hotel. have a good night.

OK, enjoy. Even if the "Metro" taxi guy tries to rip you off for 350 pesos sometimes paying that little extra is worth the convenience of having a cab there and waiting.

Now once at Mercure anything within the city will be around 200 pesos. Try not to use the taxis parked along el conde as their rates will be higher.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
200 tops.
You will have a hard time getting that price from the taxi guys waiting at the Metro bus depot. Even the guys parked on the street in front of the Metro bus depot might not take 200 pesos.

Sure, if you call Apolo or any other cab company you can get a ride to la zona for 200 pesos. I am just a believer that sometime pay a buck or two more just for the peace of mind.

If I am hauling luggage and just arrived from a long bus ride last thing on my mind is saving $2 or $3 USD.

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
ended up being 250 pesos. i had to go the bathroom really bad so took a quick left and was accosted by the taxi guys.
told them one second. came back and sat on the bench as a shady looking character was signalling me.
couldnt pass that up so went over to him and he had a taxi on the street for me. the taxi's at the metro didnt seem to like this
and followed me out to the street and told me i was breaking the law.

i played dumb and off i went in the street cab. still trying for the 200 pesos which im sure i could have gotten
so i happened to mention i was a member of dr1. this guy had a great poker face because he acted like he never
heard of the website.

i was geared up because the trip was less than 4 hours from POP and i was expecting closer to 5.

the only thing that is strange here is the girls arent responding to my POP/sosua charms. not sure if they are playing hard to get or not

having a great time

thanks for your help

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
still trying for the 200 pesos which im sure i could have gotten
so i happened to mention i was a member of dr1. this guy had a great poker face because he acted like he never
heard of the website.

I think 99% of Dominicans do not know that DR1 exists.