Are You Dominican?

Jan 5, 2006
I was born in DR and lived there until I was 12. I now travel to DR 1 to 2 times a month and spend about 4 months out the year there.

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
How did your parents end up in Azerbaijan from DR?

There are a couple of Dominicans that live in DR on this board but not that many that post regularly. I wonder if there are others that just lurk.

My parents got scholarships after they finished H.S. in the DR, to study abroad. During those years, the soviets awarded scholarships to students all over the world and my parents took advantage of the opportunity. They met at the airport, got married and had 2 kids while living there.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I have been raised in the dominican republic every holiday for up to 2 weeks at a time for 2 years.............that makes me dominican now,............. right?,

besides the fact that I drink Brugal regularly(while there:paranoid:)..........................:eek:gre::eek:gre::eek:gre:

bob

hahahah oh Bob you cracked me up. You are impossible. Raised in the DR for 2 weeks??? lol

Dominican by injection. wahahahaha

I am Dominican born in New York, hehehe does that make any sense, but u know what I mean.

My parents are from the Cibao and on my mom's first trip to NY I was made but after I turn 2 I was taken back and forth to the DR for months at a time, until junior high when all my brothers and sis were finally in NY so the traveling stopped for a little while then I would just go on 2 weeks vacations.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I'm Dominican, Born in Jaibon/Laguna Salada, Cibaeno all the way!

dei Cibao tu ere? y donde queda Jaibon/Laguna Sala? I mean Salada. Mi Familia e de porahi de un campo de San Jose de Laj Mata, SAJOMA baby!!!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I was born in DR - came to the States when I was 10 and Have been going back every year since - sometimes more (like 5!) I live in NJ now. Anywho, I am DOMINICANA CIEN POR CIENTO.

If you ask my kids they will tell you they are: Dominican (first), American and Nicaraguan... Thats because they have been going to DR every year with me and they LOVE their country. They have never been to Nicaragua.

.... my pops is from pueblo nuevo and my moms is from arenoso.

...and now I live in El Papayo with my aunt.

Aguakate, you mean Pueblo Nuevo San Cristobal (thats where Im from). Where is Arenoso and also El Papayo?

Rafael Perez

Oct 21, 2007
Hi! I was born In NewYork and my parents are from el cibao as well! my mother is from El Rancho Salcedo and my dad used to be from Boca Ferrea (rest in piece dad). Bottom line is I consider myself Dominican. DR for life!!!!.