Attention Dominican Men

M

Missy

So, you found yourself a good one, how did you know he was a good one?? What things did you look for?? Are there any ways of knowing that they are telling the truth?? What is your advice on weeding out bad ones?? Any help you can give me would be appriciated, I just don't know hich end is up anymore. Ever since I placed my question and my friend placed hers, the only thing I see is that it appears if I go there, I will never find a good one. Help!!

W

William Leslie

Re: Attention Dominican Men & Women

Generally all you are going to find in tourist areas are a very high percentage of salespersons, promoters & cons selling ANYTHING that is possible to a tourist. This is a poor country and they are trying to survive and get out of poverty. You have money..they do not..Thats why they come to these parts to work..for opportunities to share the wealth of the tourists. **You need to live in a non-tourist area and meet people doing more traditional jobs and ones that have a least something close to an equivalent education that you have. Sexy eyes, an accent and somebody telling you are incredible is great for a vacation but on the long term what else do you have to talk about. The majority of the guys and girls working in these jobs on the beaches, bars, cafes, resorts etc did not finish grade school..they can not live on their salaries..they can not get a better job..they have to get out. Next time you meet a nice one tell them you are going to move to the DR with NO money and your parents have disowned you and can they help you find a job like theirs.

P

Phyllis

Re: Attention Dominican Men & Women

Guess it's time for me to speak again; I'm sorry I started this thread of messages - My Apologies DR1. Everyone has their own opinion about the DR Men, and everyone is entitled to that!

However, I originally just asked a simple question to the ATTENTION OF DOMINICAN MEN, as I wanted their explanation "why can't the tourist women be players while they are in the DR on vacation, and have many DR men", since it is okay for them to do the same?

Let's leave this alone now Girls - as not all DR Men are Players, yes the ones on the resorts mainly are... but that's their lifestyle and how they make their money to survive; either you go for it, or not - each to their own choice! As for the other DR Men not working the resorts - I agree with the other posts, most of them are for real and I can honestly say that my experiences with the DR people off the resorts have been very positive; they are the most wonderful people I've ever met!!

Just enjoy your trip to this beautiful country!

T

trina

Missy

I think that I knew he was a good guy, because I spent alot of time talking to him and getting to know him before taking it any further. He wanted to spend time with me, and was happy to know that I was living here. Some other men, those looking for some tourist to take them away from life here so they can start a new life, lost interest when they knew I wasn't going back to Canada. I am not saying all are like that, but alot of them haven't gotten through high school, cannot read, and are stuck in a rut. They don't have money, so they cannot afford an education, other than the education that we call LIFE. And what LIFE here has taught them is to do what many of their friends are doing: become SHANKY PANKYS, get money from tourists, and hopefully, one of them will bring them into their country, and they can have a good life. They don't sometimes realize that they have alot, because their families are very tight-knit here, and they are very loved. They take care of each other here. I know a guy who says he was married before, but it wasn't love, it was "business". He wanted the girl to take him away, and when the visa didn't go through, they divorced, and he is still looking for someone else to fall in love with him, and he can get out of this country.

Again, not all are like that. If you want to fall in love here, it is a very easy thing. Get to know the guy first, don't give him money, and don't give in to sex, until you WANT to. Be the one in control, and he will respect you. They can be very aggressive, and you don't want a man like that, anyways. Send me an e-mail before you come down, and perhaps we can meet.

M

Missy

Trina

Thanks Trina, readung this makes me more aware of how things really are. I just wish I had known that before I went there to begin with, if I had talked to you previously, maybe you could have opened my mind. I guess I just wanted everything to be true. When I plan on returning, I will let you know. Thanks