Attorney fee for real estate transaction

mura

Aug 25, 2006
Does anybody deal with attorney name Roman Medina Diplan in Puerto Plata? He provided a business card which associating him with Law firm Russin, Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti www.rvhblaw.com
But we didn't find his name listed as attorney at their site...
He wants for the service of signing real estate purchase contract and applying paper for future title 2% of the purchase price!! Any comments or suggestion will be really appreciated, thanks

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Sounds high to me unless there's something with the property/title that complicates issues. The attorneys I used had a range of 0.1% to 1.5% of gross purchase price. Legal fees for me fell about midway & were disclosed up front.

Check with Guzman Ariza in Sosua if you haven't already. Guzman Ariza Law Firm in the Dominican Republic

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Does anybody deal with attorney name Roman Medina Diplan in Puerto Plata? He provided a business card which associating him with Law firm Russin, Vecchi & Heredia Bonetti www.rvhblaw.com
But we didn't find his name listed as attorney at their site...
He wants for the service of signing real estate purchase contract and applying paper for future title 2% of the purchase price!! Any comments or suggestion will be really appreciated, thanks

Agreed on both counts. 2% is very high. Go with Guzman Ariza, they are by far the best in real estate on the north coast.

mura

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you all! We are already heard of Guzman Ariza, will check with him and another suggested names.