Automatic Citizenship?

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Just as an aside zeke, are you not writing this from the USA? Your just one on the I'm so Dominican, but hum I like it up here in the USA so I can complain about the problem, but when push comes to shove, I will do so from where I am comfortable. I would also guess your do so as a resident, not a citizen of the US. Which would mean if you ever step out of line, you will be back down here, then you can complain about how the USA treats the poor misunderstood resident that they deported.

Yes I'm in the USA! And your point is? I can vote from here and participate in the political process as if I'm in the DR, thanks to an amendment to the DR constitution ;) I guess you didn't know that! We Dominican in the USA has the same power and voice as Dominican in the DR.

Why are you assuming I'm not a U.S. citizen!?! For your information I've been an U.S. citizen since 2002, so I have the same right that you have or anybody else born here in U.S.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Yes I'm in the USA! And your point is? I can vote from here and participate in the political process as if I'm in the DR, thanks to an amendment to the DR constitution ;) I guess you didn't know that! We Dominican in the USA has the same power and voice as Dominican in the DR.

Why are you assuming I'm not a U.S. citizen!?! For your information I've been an U.S. citizen since 2002, so I have the same right that you have or anybody else born here in U.S.

Oh yes I knew that, and the same is true for the dominican enclaves of Europe. Good for you your an exception then,as most don't.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Oh yes I knew that, and the same is true for the dominican enclaves of Europe. Good for you your an exception then,as most don't.

What do you mean I'm an exception? Dominicans here in the U.S. have been in the list of the top 10 countries for many years when it comes to naturalization. Every Dominican that I know is a U.S. citizen! You are seriously missed informed or you don't know what are you talking about!

Please take a look at the Homeland Security Naturalization Annual Repost! Dominicans become U.S. citizen in the thousand every year.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/natz_fr_2010.pdf

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
What do you mean I'm an exception? Dominicans here in the U.S. have been in the list of the top 10 countries for many years when it comes to naturalization. Every Dominican that I know is a U.S. citizen! You are seriously missed informed or you don't know what are you talking about!

Please take a look at the Homeland Security Naturalization Annual Repost! Dominicans become U.S. citizen in the thousand every year.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/natz_fr_2010.pdf

I am in the list for next month!
Who was the first president of the US? = George Washington
what did Abraham Lincoln did ? = free the slaves
what did Martin L. junior did? = fought for civil rights
Name two of the larger river of the US... = Missouri and Mississippi.
Where is located the statue of liberty? = in new york harbor...
Why the American flag has 50 start? there are 50 states, one start for each state.
What the 13 straits means? that there was 13 original colonies...
Name three of the colonies = New york, Virginia and North Carolina.

I'm studding American history now!

I already know a lot more than some of my American born coworkers:D

JJ

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
All I am suggesting is that Dominicans should UNDERLINE for the international community... the COST that they undertake for the births from Haitian mothers. They appear to consistently MISS this opportunity in the international press. It only seems to be mentioned in the local press.

for instance, the DR Ambassador wrote a letter to the NY Times, in response to a piece printed there..
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/21/o...html?scp=2&sq=dominican republic haiti&st=cse

He could have mentioned the birth stats - since presumably the state has them since the Libra Rosada has been in operation since 2007- with an estimated cost per average birth. This is just good PR.. something that the DR could really get a lot better at .. (for instance, the whole thing with the lawyers from the Vicini's going around trying to block the showing of "The Price of Sugar" really just generated more and more publicity for it)

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I am in the list for next month!
Who was the first president of the US? = George Washington
what did Abraham Lincoln did ? = free the slaves
what did Martin L. junior did? = fought for civil rights
Name two of the larger river of the US... = Missouri and Mississippi.
Where is located the statue of liberty? = in new york harbor...
Why the American flag has 50 start? there are 50 states, one start for each state.
What the 13 straits means? that there was 13 original colonies...
Name three of the colonies = New york, Virginia and North Carolina.

I'm studding American history now!

I already know a lot more than some of my American born coworkers:D

JJ

Peace of cake!
Five minutes today and that was it. the officer said congratulation you are excellent.. Only three years here and you can read, write and speak good English.

You passed the test!

JJ

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
All I am suggesting is that Dominicans should UNDERLINE for the international community... the COST that they undertake for the births from Haitian mothers. They appear to consistently MISS this opportunity in the international press. It only seems to be mentioned in the local press.

for instance, the DR Ambassador wrote a letter to the NY Times, in response to a piece printed there..
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/21/o...html?scp=2&sq=dominican republic haiti&st=cse

He could have mentioned the birth stats - since presumably the state has them since the Libra Rosada has been in operation since 2007- with an estimated cost per average birth. This is just good PR.. something that the DR could really get a lot better at .. (for instance, the whole thing with the lawyers from the Vicini's going around trying to block the showing of "The Price of Sugar" really just generated more and more publicity for it)
I agree with you 100% MA but the international community is hard to please and the international press is sometimes down right unfair.

Love thy neighbour? Not when it comes to the Dominican Republic and Haiti | Prospery Raymond | Global development | guardian.co.uk

NotLurking