Back Migration to The DR

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Absolutely! I tell most of the people i interact with here who want to go to the states that if you're not doing well here you're probably not going to have a good experience in the states. The "American dream" era is over.
It's hard to go back and tell people you made a mistake or you're struggling while abroad. It's all about optics. It's also about what a lot of money is here on the island vs. the states.
Well, George Carlin used to say that the reason it's called the American dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. lol

But, it isn't it doesn't exist, just that now is more selective of who gets it. Most Dominicans that migrate are not one of them. Oh well, that's a different topic.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
A few months ago I was in Providence. I felt like I was the only white guy within 10 city blocks.
The lower Broad Street area is the heart of the Dominican community in Providence. The late Buddy Cianci loved to visit and court voters during election season. And one of Providence former mayors, Ángel Taveras, is of Dominican descent. Many have moved over to Warwick, Cranston, and even to nearby Central Falls.

Reactions: windeguy