Bank purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

vault

Oct 8, 2015
I guess it is not going to stop....also, it is passed Rum hour............

Moderator note: it stops now or they will find themselves unable to post at all

Last edited by a moderator:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Maybe you'll be forced to do things the old fashioned way.... knock on doors.

I don't even know the bank rankings by volumes/deposits/customers.

Clearly Ban Reservas is off the list - being Gov't owned , as I see it.

ZC1

Dec 8, 2013
I don't usually do this but the original post is just too crazy!
WHO posts on a public message board about buying a bank??!!! Seriously?
The business partner must be from Nigeria.
:surprised

I applaud your common sense!

heisy

Jun 8, 2015
I applaud your common sense!

Actually far removed from common sense. In the DR most transactions start with hear/say.....
Also, most big biz here is in family hands....This was not an attempt to conduct a transaction, I am sure, but rather one to put once ear on the ground......I can not see what could be possibly wrong by the OP to do so.
What I can not see is the Nigerian comment....it seems to be at best totally out of place.
I believe Ghandi said: "Only open your mouth if you improve upon the silence".

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think I would send an advance team to the DR, talk to the people at the Central Bank or at Banco Popular--they have excellent intelligence-- and see what might be open.

I do not think you can get 51%, but I am no expert..And they will look really hard at all of the players.. After the Banco Peravia debacle, it's a case of "once burned, twice cautious."

I think your M&A people will tear their hair out dealing with DR bureaucracy...jeje.

Be so kind as to tell us how this goes.....I am sure a lot of persons might be surprised..

Cordially,

HB

vault

Oct 8, 2015
I think I would send an advance team to the DR, talk to the people at the Central Bank or at Banco Popular--they have excellent intelligence-- and see what might be open.

I do not think you can get 51%, but I am no expert..And they will look really hard at all of the players.. After the Banco Peravia debacle, it's a case of "once burned, twice cautious."

I think your M&A people will tear their hair out dealing with DR bureaucracy...jeje.

Be so kind as to tell us how this goes.....I am sure a lot of persons might be surprised..

Cordially,

HB

Thank you HB for your useful response...very much appreciated. It will not be easy, but the funds are available.....
I will most certainly keep you posted....we have 2 meetings set jup with 2 different entities for next week....Vamos a ver.

Jan 9, 2004
There are currently no banks actively being offered for sale in the DR....although that does not mean that a bank would not entertain discussions if approached.

There are however multiple banks both onshore and offshore for sale throughout the Caribbean, Europe, Africa, Asia and the US.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Actually far removed from common sense. In the DR most transactions start with hear/say.....
Also, most big biz here is in family hands....This was not an attempt to conduct a transaction, I am sure, but rather one to put once ear on the ground......I can not see what could be possibly wrong by the OP to do so.
What I can not see is the Nigerian comment....it seems to be at best totally out of place.
I believe Ghandi said: "Only open your mouth if you improve upon the silence".

No comment.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Anyone buying a bank in the DR who is not Dominican is driving off a bridge. Speaking of bridges I have one for sale.

vault

Oct 8, 2015
Anyone buying a bank in the DR who is not Dominican is driving off a bridge. Speaking of bridges I have one for sale.

Sorry....you are too late....we had around dozens of "very smart" Highway and Turnpike comments yesterday.....

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I have a bank I having been trying to sell. Please PM me for details ASAP!

Last edited:

vault

Oct 8, 2015
You and your ?partner?would be perfect for Peravia Bank.

Seven off to jail in Peravia US$30M bank fraud
PrintPrint EmailEmail BookmarkBookmark SaveSave to my profile Comments12 Comments - last on Jun 27 at 7:19 AM
Jose Alejandro Vargas. File.
Zoom Picture

Santo Domingo.- A National District on judge Thursday ordered six months of pretrial detention for Jorge Serret Sugranez, Carlos Serret Sugranez, Yesenia Aponte Serret, Pausides Morales, Nelson Cabral and Army Col. Florentino de Jesus Acosta to in connection with the Peravia bank fraud case.

Permanent Attention judge Jose Alejandro Vargas remanded the men to the prison at San Pedro (east) and Yesenia Serret to the Najayo jail for women.

The judge ruled for the incarceration request by National District prosecutor Yeni Berenice Reynoso, but ordered Madgelen Serret, Yomalys Fernandez and Maria Luisa Guzman to be released on RD$200,000 bond each, on plea bargaining with the prosecution.

The ruling notes a "slew of evidence" by witnesses’ testimony that what transpired in the Peravia Bank had been a “disaster,” where as much as US$30 million was allegedly embezzled.

Now the disgruntled and humorless decided to become vicious....interesting but, by no means surprising.......

Status
Not open for further replies.