Barahona Checklist

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Well, if I told you how to get to Cueva de la Virgen, you would be taken out :)

Actually I was taken to Cueva de la Virgen by the community initiative of Guan Aventuras in La Ci?nega. It is one of the tour options they offer. The best way I can explain to you would be an hour long car ride on the road behind Casa Bonita, opposite direction of Casa de Tarz?n, and another one hour hike into the woods.

Guan Aventuras wants to keep this secret because they plan to bring people out there and make some money for the community; which I totally understand. There are actually 33 caves that, when exploited with proper equipment, will blow the socks off of Damajagua Falls in the north.

I'm glad you've enjoyed my posts. I have one more for today, which was my last in the South West.

Amazing, I guess that's up Bahoruco river or Riocito, I've been visiting Bahoruco all my life and never knew those caves existed. People do tell me about falls and I've been up the river up to Los Morones (gorgeous) and Casa de Tarzan, but never knew about the caves, can't wait to see that happen!!!

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Vacay

Just got back from the area, my vacation with the GF was amazing.

Highlights from the list were Bahia de las Aguilas, Los Patos, San Rafael and staying at Casa Bonita.

The drive on the highway leading to Barahona is BEAUTIFUL.

Highly recommend this experience.

pap2010

Nov 20, 2010
Photos no longer available?

Hi! I wonder if this thread is still alive.
I want to see photos but it seems the link is no longer working.
Can anyone help?

pap2010

Nov 20, 2010
Hi! I wonder if this thread is still alive.
I want to see photos but it seems the link is no longer working.
Can anyone help?

Hi again, sorry for bothering, I just found out a way to see photos! so my problem is solved. Please ignore my previous post.
Great photos, thanks!!