BelgianK and Acira are becoming abuelos...

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Beautiful dogs. I am not ready for one but will be in about a year or so. THEN I will be calling you!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
The Australian Shepherds are born...

This night, the 14th of July, Flash has given birth to 7 gorgeous puppies...

3 males, and 4 females...

All are in great health, drinking fiercely, and driving us even nuttier than we already were...

We can't say too much about the colours yet, as they tend to change in the first couple of weeks with Aussies..., but definitely 3 reds and 4 blacks (patterns, amount of tan, and amount of white to be a surprise)

Will be posting pics soon... :cheeky:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
The big moment has arrived, pup nr. 1 of the Malinois litter has just opened here eyes this morning.

The smallest of the entire litter (first born) and with the last day's feeding once a day from the bottle because she was getting a bit behind with here bigger sisters and getting too tired to fight for a nipple, she has gained here strenght back and is now the first to see the world.

Here name will be Saphire as she a little gem that has been polished and is shining bright right now.

This means of course that now my task will begin. Pups starting to explore their space, mother getting lesser interested in cleaning them, she will feed them for a couple of weeks to come but now its my time to step in.

I started since yesterday also with my program to tickle every sensor of the pups, just tiny things but proven that they aid pups cardiovascular system, digestive system and gives mental stimulation. The first steps towards becoming stable and self assured dogs.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Malinois pups are now 14 day's old and all have their eyes open and start wandering around.

Here is pic of them sleeping...a last look at sleeping pups at daylight :bunny:

DSCF4357.jpg

And some very interested faces from some others of my pack, left Acira the grandmom and right Haldir, brother of the father :cheeky:

DSCF4106.jpg

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
First picture of the Aussie litter

Here are the first pictures of the lovely pups of Flash and John Doe. they are now 7 day's old.

For so far we can tell right now there are two red tri's (red/white/tan), 4 tri-colours (black/white/tan) and one very rare black&tan.
But since that Flash is a red tri and John Doe carries the red gene, it could be that the black ones change in color from black to very dark red.

DSCF4369.jpg

DSCF4368.jpg

DSCF4367.jpg

Enjoy!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Love the pic of Haldir and his expression.

He seems to be thinking: "This is NOT going to be good."

Either Haldir is thinking, when can I play with those little things...or he is thinking, can I eat them...;)

Eitherway, none of the dogs can move closer then 10 M to the pups or mom gives them a good beating :bunny:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
it is very strange, but my no-brain soul-mate Haldir (great minds always find each other... :bunny:), is the only one, allowed by both moms, to come a lot closer to the pups....

Is it because they instinctively know he is no threat, or because of his gentle nature???

Anyways, my friendly giant friend cannot wait to play with his new friends... mind you... gentle with his house-mates, not so gentle with intruders (want references???.... lol)...

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Just put some music on for the malinois pups, I started with something gentle for the ears and then go to the hard rock.

I started with the musical....Cats :bunny:

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Just put some music on for the malinois pups, I started with something gentle for the ears and then go to the hard rock.

I started with the musical....Cats :bunny:

And all the pups marched straight to the sea and threw themselves in.

Cats? Really dear, isn't that a bit cliche? :cheeky:

Okay, folks, it's time we come to the rescue of the pups. As we all contributed possible names, let us now all vote for best songs to play for the little ones.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Well, they appreciated Cats, the little heads tilted and they even tried to bark...and then fell asleep again :cheeky:

As the hard drive I locked on the laptop right now has no music on it, only movies, I decided the next movie is Apollo 13, some big noises and some panicking voices.

Next will be the movie Mozart, give them some culture ;)

I must worn the people who want a pup of this litter, they will be TV addicted :bunny:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Well, they appreciated Cats, the little heads tilted and they even tried to bark...and then fell asleep again :cheeky:

As the hard drive I locked on the laptop right now has no music on it, only movies, I decided the next movie is Apollo 13, some big noises and some panicking voices.

Next will be the movie Mozart, give them some culture ;)

I must warn the people who want a pup of this litter, they will be TV addicted :bunny: