belt for dryer

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
The belt in the dryer broke, and nobody around Sosua or Cabarete has one. They all tell me to go to POP to get it, but does anybody know who they mean in POP, and where is this place?

Thanks,

BelgianK

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The belt in the dryer broke, and nobody around Sosua or Cabarete has one. They all tell me to go to POP to get it, but does anybody know who they mean in POP, and where is this place?

Thanks,

BelgianK

Why not ask "them"!

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003

Thanks,

BelgianK

You might find it easier, quicker with less frustration to order one online and have it shipped. Saves the running around and using up time and gas.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I asked my wife, she don't remember the name but she says "cerca del muelle"... there is a "negocio" for that but she can't remember the name and address. LOL, sorry thats all I can come up with...

Thanks,

BelgianK

Dec 26, 2011
Had a belt break on the washer the other day and the suegra had me take her to a used appliance guy a couple of blocks away. 200 pesos for the belt and he sent his nephew back with us to install it for whatever we felt like giving him. Kid did it in five minutes. Gave him 150 pesos and a ride back to the taller.

All I can figure is that your model is rare. Otherwise, it should be a breeze to replace it.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Just use panty hose in the meantime. Works well...

I've seen this done but NOT with the whole panty hose. Just the leg part and make sure your wife is not still in them.

(MORE rain. I'm a little board.)

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Have you tried Freddy opposite Productos Sosua? He had a belt for my General Electric drier, which really surprised me!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
gpnzalez do repairs of household items in the building pposite the main shop, not sure about dryer belts, you could ask there.
Maybe you could order the part on line

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
failing that go to every ferreteria on the way back with the part and see if they have anything similar, its what I had to do with a tap washer- I was successful on the 8th i think

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
gpnzalez do repairs of household items in the building pposite the main shop, not sure about dryer belts, you could ask there.
Maybe you could order the part on line

Where have I heard that before? Oh ya. Post #4.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've seen this done but NOT with the whole panty hose. Just the leg part and make sure your wife is not still in them.

(MORE rain. I'm a little board.)
Not the whole thing, of course.

Take one leg and wrap it semi-tightly around the grooves, maybe twice, tie a tight knot and cut off the rest.

I once drove a car 35 miles like that, no problem...