Best auto mechanic in Sosua

Miami vice

Oct 17, 2007
I live 100 meters away from Mechanic Stefan. anytime I brake down. many times I.m driving an old beat up jeep. stefan has come to the rescue many times.and repaired me and towed me ,dead batteries ,he comes down ,boosts your dead battry ,He also never refused to repair any auto I had.reasonable prices.He's like the "Ghost Busters." How you ganna call "Ghost Busters"

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
Where in D.r. is Stephan?

Sosua. At the traffic light in Los Charamicos turn and go up the hill into Los Cerros, when the road ends turn right. He's the second house on the left. Stefan 809.853.2123

He does very good work at a reasonable price.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I can recommend a very solid and reasonable place in Sosua. Discovered them accidentally after having been taken big time on my Infinity by some other local shops.

They are located on a tiny side street away from eyes if you turn left from Pedro Clisante just before Europa Hotel and go all the way down. It will be on your left side. Big shop.

Russian owner and Russian mechanics.

Their advantages:

1. Manager/chief mechanic Sergei for many years had his shop in Russian Far East that is almost Japan and is very good with Japanese cars.

2. Unlike NA mechanics they do not "replace" a part right away, but first try to "repair" it if it will be cheaper.

3. They have very good connections to NA suppliers of used parts and usually get them delivered within 7-10 days. Sometime difference between OEM new parts and used part (high quality ) is huge. For instance starter for my Infinity is $380 OEM and $70 used one with warranty.

So, if the customer wants to save and willing to go for a used one - they can do it.

4. The owner is willing to invest in equipment and technology to keep improving quality of work.

5. Trying to earn their spot and good reputation in the market currently they offer very low prices.

In my opinion they defenitely are worth checking at least.

Just in recent days I witnessed them fixing correctly Mitsubishi Galant (alternator problem, ), Honda Element ( rear suspension), Toyota Echo (cooling and A/C). And exhaust system/ brake job on my Infinity.

Very hard working and responsible people. I can recommend them whole heart.

You say left on Pedro Clisante - going which way? Is it toward the ocean or toward the highway?

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Another AK74
yawn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
What about Greg's Garage in Sosua?

Greg's Garage
#8, Calle 4, Los Castillios
Sos?a, Puerto Plata, Rep?blica Dominicana
Phone: (809) 571-1998

Greg's Garage

nigorv

Jul 11, 2008
I can recommend a very solid and reasonable place in Sosua. Discovered them accidentally after having been taken big time on my Infinity by some other local shops.

They are located on a tiny side street away from eyes if you turn left from Pedro Clisante just before Europa Hotel and go all the way down. It will be on your left side. Big shop.

Russian owner and Russian mechanics.

Their advantages:

1. Manager/chief mechanic Sergei for many years had his shop in Russian Far East that is almost Japan and is very good with Japanese cars.

2. Unlike NA mechanics they do not "replace" a part right away, but first try to "repair" it if it will be cheaper.

3. They have very good connections to NA suppliers of used parts and usually get them delivered within 7-10 days. Sometime difference between OEM new parts and used part (high quality ) is huge. For instance starter for my Infinity is $380 OEM and $70 used one with warranty.

So, if the customer wants to save and willing to go for a used one - they can do it.

4. The owner is willing to invest in equipment and technology to keep improving quality of work.

5. Trying to earn their spot and good reputation in the market currently they offer very low prices.

In my opinion they defenitely are worth checking at least.

Just in recent days I witnessed them fixing correctly Mitsubishi Galant (alternator problem, ), Honda Element ( rear suspension), Toyota Echo (cooling and A/C). And exhaust system/ brake job on my Infinity.

Very hard working and responsible people. I can recommend them whole heart.

Sergei is really good but he is not at that place any more