Best Beach Playa Rincon ?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If you arrived by road, did you turn left or right when you reached the beach?
If you arrived by boat, did you go to the end of the beach where the fresh water river is or the end with the restaurants?

Aphex

May 13, 2005
We went by truck and were right where the fresh water river is....my husband walked all the way around the beach to the other side where the Ahmsa hotel almost is and said that end was a bit cleaner. Don't get me wrong, it was beautiful and worth the trip, I was just surprised from seeing previous pictures of the beach that it was much cleaner before than when we went.

Samana developm

Sep 13, 2005
Its a virgin beach

Hello is a virgin beach ,no maintenance, no hotels thats the beautiful of it. remember in this time of season some beaches are like that just depending in the localitation of it . Im going there in two weeks and I would like to see it for myself.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The river side tends to be dirtier. The other end used to be kept quite clean by the restaurant owners. That's where we always go.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
"We went by truck and were right where the fresh water river is....my husband walked all the way around the beach to the other side where the Ahmsa hotel almost is..."

I think you've got your beaches confused. The freshwater stream is at Playa Rincon and the Amhsa resort is at Playa Cala Blanca in Las Galeras some miles away.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I was going to say that I didn't know they built a hotel there yet or that there was any real restaurant (other than the little shack where they sell the best fish in the world). I think he definitely got it confused...

When I went to Playa Rincon (two years ago) it was as clean as a beach with no regular clean up crew can get. Personally I hope they never build any hotels on this beach...

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Personally I hope they never build any hotels on this beach...

Me, too. If you find a Novena candle to that effect, let me know as I will buy a case and burn 'em 24/7. -- Samee

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Playa Rincon is a beautiful beach if you are looking for a virgin beach without accomadations. Punta Rucia is also very nice but the road going in can be a challenge. Someone compared Rincon to Hawaii and Mexico. Hawaii and Mexico are different. Rincon has a much more humid environment. Hawaii with its winds creates an always fresh and cool feel that just makes it very nice. Mexico is drier and that makes it nicer...IMO. The beaches here are second tier. They are not the most beautiful beaches in the world. If they were, this place would be booming. They are simply not as nice for several reasons...but that is okay...they are still nice. Enjoy it for what it is but don't inflate it.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Snuffy, it wasn't us that "inflated" it but Conde Nast Travel magazine when they rated it #2 IN THE WORLD during the mid-90's. Personally, I think Playa Fronton at the foot of Cabo Samana is just as pretty. And the Hazoury's and their consortium of developers must think it's OK too, as they are now starting to dump millions into the new mega-resort. I hear they will build 2,500 units in Phase I and I also hear that the entire project is expected to top out at 25,000 units, a complete city in itself.

And although all the northeastern coast will benefit from the new airport and highway, both are being built by the Hazourys with the prime intention of being the main feeders for the resort.

Beach trash, huts on the beach and all- enjoy it now as it will be forever changed.