Best calling cards to call from Florida to DR?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The problem is when a Piglet answers the phone and does not understand spanglish, he just sets down the phone and Bob gets billed for 30 more seconds.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Gracias amigo ! I guess I will be looking for the Habladora phone card, I've never seen it sold in the grocery store across my building, got to keep looking! Thanks for the pic, it's so much easier to locate it now.

Btw, how is it that your friend can get a $2 discount, is that some kind of promotion the grocery stores offer for buying $10 worth ? Let me know !

I always use up the cards within 24 hours, because if you let them run the fees will add up.

Thanks again for the info.. those calling card purchases sure do add up..

So, you had chinese food ? You should try Colombian and check out the colombianas ! ;)

hablamos pronto !

Potato_Salad said:
Hey Buddy :)

I just had lunch with a Dominican friend of mine.

I asked him what type of calling card he uses when calling the Dominican Republic from NYC.

He told me that he uses a calling card called "La Habladora". It is a $2 card. And if you call from the U.S. to a "cell phone" in the DR, you will have around 35 minutes. And you have more minutes (I forgot how many minutes) if you call home (land line).

Although this calling card is $2, if you buy six of them, it will be only $10 (instead of $12). He buys them at stores in Washington Heights.

He told me that the restriction is that if you use this $2 card, then you need to use it all up within 24 hours.

I hope you find this helpful.

My friend and I had Chinese food. :chinese:

But I prefer Dominican food. :bunny: :D

Take care.

P.S. This is what the card looks like.

oqj7ug.jpg

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Tamborista said:
The problem is when a Piglet answers the phone and does not understand spanglish, he just sets down the phone and Bob gets billed for 30 more seconds.

:D :D Funny !

Sep 19, 2005
Tamborista said:

who is giving you this information!

Very few people know that I installed a new phone next to the jacuzzi in the new pig barn.

besides the pigs are new borns they are being taught nothing but english

thats why in 3 months all they will be able to say in spanish is si si si si si .

my GFs pigs will be living high on the hog.

rellosk I havent looked into that phone service yet.

I just got a new phone service through my computer last month.. and the rate to the dr is 16 cents a minute...but the connection sucks big time..constant static, and the the calls break up like an old cb used to do...and you will miss a lot of words in a sentence......so right now I am trying to clear that p or drop the service.

the regular line that goes with that international calling plan is fantastic...29 /month no taxes no fees no surcharges......unlimited calling in the US.

bob

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Your welcome Amigo!!! :)

When I have a chance to talk with my friend, I will ask him your questions.

I just looked at the back of the card and here are the restrcitions.

"Service or maintenance fee may apply. This card expires 3 months after first use. This card has no cash value and it is not refundable. Rates upon the country you are calling to and are subject to change without notice. Payphone charges may apply. Federal and State taxes may apply. Rates may be higher when using toll free number."

So the card does not expire within 24 hours. I think I misunderstood my friend.

Check your PM.

Take care.

ElvisNYC said:
Gracias amigo ! I guess I will be looking for the Habladora phone card, I've never seen it sold in the grocery store across my building, got to keep looking! Thanks for the pic, it's so much easier to locate it now.

Btw, how is it that your friend can get a $2 discount, is that some kind of promotion the grocery stores offer for buying $10 worth ? Let me know !

I always use up the cards within 24 hours, because if you let them run the fees will add up.

Thanks again for the info.. those calling card purchases sure do add up..

So, you had chinese food ? You should try Colombian and check out the colombianas ! ;)

hablamos pronto !

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
Actually

mamilinda said:
Phone cards suck. I got a deal with my local phone company (sbc) - I can call there for .17 a minute. I've found that it is cheaper than a calling card due to the crazy per connect fees.

This is off the subject, but i am in NYC and i use a great calling card: NYCentral. I go and buy a $5 calling card and i know for a fact i get a little over 3 hours with it [land line of course]. I know because i use it every weekend to call santo domingo. A cell phone will run about 47 minutes give or take for a $5 card...this is the best deal i have found so far in NYC. I can get these cards very easily in the Bronx, there is a store here that sells ONLY calling cards! LOL :D

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
I live in Orlando, and the card I use is "Mi Morena." A $2 card gets me 1hr and 4 minutes to a house phone. I call every night and time it. Its from Codetel.