best hospital in the dr ??

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
pacito said:
Thanks a lot for the info.
I asked a friend last time in DR to introduce me to a private clinic. I was introduced to Abel Gonzalez.
I thought the facilities were good...but then again I did not need emergency treatment.
I met the older Gonzalez who appeared to me to be a trustworthy gentleman.
But then again, I am a strong believer in listening to others opinion as well.

I realise than there is no real "911" type emergency service in DR. Is there a private service one can subscribe to?
If there is not..it could be a business opportunity...what do you think?
pacito,with all the expats that have made the dr their home over the years..i'm surprised that there is no emergency responce teams set in place by now...a person works hard all his or her life...retires to paradise..buys his dream home.. and then dies from what would have been a little bump in the road in his native country...calling 911 and having a trained medical team at your door..within minutes..is something you should not have to give up once you retire..sure..ambulances cost a lot of money ($100,000)..train a crew..lots of money..make the government pay..expat dollars..tourists..they don't want to lose it..have fund raisers in the larger expat communities...if you can save one life it's worth it.. i see from some posts..that they raise money to clean beaches..?????

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
pacito said:
Thanks a lot for the info.
I asked a friend last time in DR to introduce me to a private clinic. I was introduced to Abel Gonzalez.
I thought the facilities were good...but then again I did not need emergency treatment.
I met the older Gonzalez who appeared to me to be a trustworthy gentleman.
But then again, I am a strong believer in listening to others opinion as well.

I realise than there is no real "911" type emergency service in DR. Is there a private service one can subscribe to?
If there is not..it could be a business opportunity...what do you think?

pacito,with all the expats that have made the dr their home over the years..i'm surprised that there is no emergency responce teams set in place by now...a person works hard all his or her life...retires to paradise..buys his dream home.. and then dies from what would have been a little bump in the road in his native country...calling 911 and having a trained medical team at your door..within minutes..is something you should not have to give up once you retire..sure..ambulances cost a lot of money ($100,000)..train a crew..lots of money..make the government pay..expat dollars..tourists..they don't want to lose it..have fund raisers in the larger expat communities...if you can save one life it's worth it.. i see from some posts..that they raise money to clean beaches..?????
Yesterday 09:45 PM

pacito

Jul 28, 2004
Dolores said:
They have different plans.
Can you be more specific?
Do you have a phone number for these organizations?
Have you had personal experience with either?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Robert Is Going To Need "CPR" When He Reads This Thread!!!

This is the "Best Of"Forum!
This particular thread has become the :"Lets Talk Medicine In The DR!" Thread
It's not NICE to Fool Robert!!! :cry: