Best place to by a new motorcycle close to sosua

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That's a pretty common bike. I think I've seen them in the dealer in Maranatha, Pappaterra in Sosua, Inoa Y Reyes before Sabaneta, and MotoSan in Gaspar. You can probably buy it cheaper in Pto. Plata and Santiago.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Why wreck a new bike, when you can find a used one to wreck for much less?

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
That's a pretty common bike. I think I've seen them in the dealer in Maranatha, Pappaterra in Sosua, Inoa Y Reyes before Sabaneta, and MotoSan in Gaspar. You can probably buy it cheaper in Pto. Plata and Santiago.
I think the best place is GH, the guy with his house on the hill and chopper fabricates them.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I think the best place is GH, the guy with his house on the hill and chopper fabricates them.
Small correction, the x1000/CG bikes are Chinese. These inexpensive bikes are manufactured in China (maybe Korea) and assembled here. They are not manufactured in DR. The place you are referring to is Moto-tipo-San and the owner is Aniano Rivas (the helicopter dude). He inherited most of the land GH is built on. He owns many, many businesses as well.

Reactions: windeguy

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Small correction, the x1000/CG bikes are Chinese. These inexpensive bikes are manufactured in China (maybe Korea) and assembled here. They are not manufactured in DR. The place you are referring to is Moto-tipo-San and the owner is Aniano Rivas (the helicopter dude). He inherited most of the land GH is built on. He owns many, many businesses as well.
I can't think of any South Korean bikes here, but Taiwan does make PGO and Kimko, both of which are much better quality than any of the Chinese ones. Obviously, if you want a quality bike - buy Japanese. Get a Honda or a Yamaha.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
There is the odd gringo who is looking to sell a lightly used bike after finding out it's not for them.
There are quite a few gringos in my condo that fit that category. I was in that category many years ago. I sold my Chinese passola after 3 years or so but, no matter how good care I took of it, it was till a piece of junk when I sold it. Don't buy Chinese if ylou want something that lasts.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I know Aniano on a personal level (a female family involved) of course the parts come from China and are assembled here. I know of his businesses as well. That’s all I will say.

• Sad
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I know Aniano on a personal level (a female family involved) of course the parts come from China and are assembled here. I know of his businesses as well. That’s all I will say.
I guess it depends on your definition of "assembled". As far as I know, all bikes imported here come in crates. The only "assembly" done here in the DR is by the dealer(s) who will put on the mirrors, battery, exhaust. wheels, etc.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
No one is challenging that you're not a big important guy. You called him the guy on the hill, you said he fabricates the motos. I had no idea he was your compai.