Cabarete
Most of my favorites have been mentioned but here is my list:
Casa 21, best food and best service
Hispaniola Diners Club
Dolce Y Sappore
Margots
Voramar
El Rancho
Then there is Bologna. Now up to a couple of months ago I would have never included this restaurant as one of my favorites, until now. Years ago it was excellent and I used to go there very regularly. After it sold the food quality went downhill. About a year ago they got a new chef and this guy has got it back up to a very good standard and the food is served super fast. I was a bit doubtful when I first went as I ordered something and it was on the table in less than 15 minutes! When food comes out that quick your immediate thought is 'pre-cooked', but it wasn't, it was so fresh. So I thought I would try again the next week and I ordered something that you cannot pre-cook...risotto with porcini mushrooms and steak tips. Oh my god, it was absolutely perfect, the meat was as I requested and the risotto was al dente. I might add that there were 14 of us and most of us had different dishes and I tried many of the different dishes, all delicious...and all came out in less than 20 minutes. I have been back numerous different times over the last couple of months, pizzas have come out between 10 and 15 minutes of ordering, I ordered an Angus burger the other day and although it was definitely not the best burger in town, it came out in 10 minutes perfectly cooked. If you want a fast lunch or dinner with good quality food, I would definitely recommend Bologna.

If you go to Cabarete you must try Le Bistro as the food there is delicious (it is fully booked just about every night so book in advance)

Big

Apr 24, 2019
fine dining in and around Sosua has definitely taken a dive, as has the "dessert menu". I do like Casa21 and Bliss. I just don't partake in the "sweets" until I get back to S.D

Reactions: jd426

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Que Lo Que Uptown needs to be on the list.
I agree with the inclusion of Dolci e Sapori and Steven. Of course, 21 is in a class all by itself.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Que Lo Que Uptown needs to be on the list.
I agree with the inclusion of Dolci e Sapori and Steven. Of course, 21 is in a class all by itself.
The empty tables are showing me it isn't popular.
Another restaurant that used to be good was El Choco - but talk about a nose dive in quality.
I had to scratch it from my list.

We ate the new Santa Fe in Ocean Village.
Ordered from their Mexican menu.
On a scale of 1-10 it is no better than a 3-1/2.
Be curious what others think of it.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Stayed at the Las Palmeras this weekend and the restaurant there, Chicken and Waffles, was good for breakfast. Can't say anything else about them.

I know this thread is about restaurants only, but I would give the Las Palmeras a 4 of 5 for an inexpensive hotel. Very clean.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The empty tables are showing me it isn't popular.
Another restaurant that used to be good was El Choco - but talk about a nose dive in quality.
I had to scratch it from my list.

We ate the new Santa Fe in Ocean Village.
Ordered from their Mexican menu.
On a scale of 1-10 it is no better than a 3-1/2.
Be curious what others think of it.
I was wondering about that place. Sorry to hear it was not good.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Seems a tad pricey and based upon Chico Bills review.. Hmmm.