Best RIBS in the Country

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Chef Peper in SDQ just the best, you order and in 45 minutes it's in your house ready to put on the BBQ including sauce .....

They now have their own place on Gustavo Mejia Ricart. I hear the food is excellent and well priced.

TEARS

Jun 2, 2008
B-b-q

I have been in the D.R. 13 yrs. And have never seen or had anything that comes close to real ?Southern Style? B-B-Q! What is seen in this picture is slow roasted pork? which if done well is very good but is by no means B-B-Q. There is a little place in La Vega run by some folks for Costa Rica which do a pretty good job but after being tutored by my uncle Campbell and his years of B-B-Q experience, it is hard to settle for less. Unfortunately, the closest that I have come to having B-B-Q in the D.R. was T.G.I.F. baby back ribs (sad I know). This is a review from the restaurant that I cooked in for a few years. If enough people show interest maybe we will have to start one here! ;)

Campbell's BBQ - Portland, OR, 97266 - Citysearch

We'll be back
04/22/2008 Posted by willarab 5 stars!
We had a great meal at Campbell's. The meat (we had the pork ribs) from their wood-fired pit was tasty, the sauce just the way we like it. Greens tender and not too spicy--there's peppery vinegar on the table if you want more fire. Potato salad in the great tradition of mooshy, slightly pickly taste of the great barbecue joints. Marionberry cobbler with ice cream--yum! Everything was prepared with care and skill, the service was great--friendly but not in your face. Lots of food, reasonable prices. A new favorite.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I had the best ribs that I ever ate in my life in Dominican Republic and I had them at Tony Roma's. I am a ribs fan and I've tried lots of them, but none compares to these! You can visit the place and you would spend no more than US$20-35 per each person.

Patricia

I doubt if many people go to a place like the Dominican Republic to eat at a chain restaurant.

Last edited by a moderator: