Best Superbowl Party - Sosua or Caberete ?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Where exactly is Midtown Restaurant please?

Metro bus station in Sosewer. Walk out. BIG YUGE sign that says Las Palmeras. Midtown has chalkboard on street.

Owner is a nice Italian boy from Massachusetts.

GREAT FOOD. GREAT AMBIANCE. But you'd better be a Patriots fan....

Just sayin'.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
There's a guy in Sosua, who is a true artist on the grill, goes by the name "Big D." Everyone on the beach knows him, and he has a weekend-long series of events every year. Trust, you'll have a blast.

He is not simply an artist. He is a god.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Hey everyone,

We got the exact same superbowl party going on as every year. Same company from Santo Domingo comes and builds a huge tent on the beach here in Cabarete. They bring down a US $50,000 15ft x 10ft LED screen that can be seen literally a couple hundred meters away (it's clear as day and faces the restaurant)/ It's huge. We will have room for a couple hundred people on the beach. It's hands down the biggest Superbowl party on the North Coast, maybe the whole island.

Yet another reason why we all bow before you, mouths agape. At the sheer audaciousness of the square footage you will be displaying.

GO PATS!

(I laugh every time I hear about Right Guards and Nose Guards. By me, football is so stupid you have to water it to keep it alive.)

But I do purely love to watch normally rational men--if that's not an oxymoron--turn into organic robotoids when an oval-shaped pig-thing gets kicked around.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yet another reason why we all bow before you, mouths agape. At the sheer audaciousness of the square footage you will be displaying.

GO PATS!

(I laugh every time I hear about Right Guards and Nose Guards. By me, football is so stupid you have to water it to keep it alive.)

But I do purely love to watch normally rational men--if that's not an oxymoron--turn into organic robotoids when an oval-shaped pig-thing gets kicked around.

At least there is no silly "Ole, Ole, Ole,...Ole" silliness in our 'oval-shaped' football game. May the best team win - this one is going to be a slobber-knocker. Speaking of pig skin (OK she said pig-thing) makes me hungry !
Again No Lady Gaga fans.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Metro bus station in Sosewer. Walk out. BIG YUGE sign that says Las Palmeras. Midtown has chalkboard on street.

Owner is a nice Italian boy from Massachusetts.

GREAT FOOD. GREAT AMBIANCE. But you'd better be a Patriots fan....

Just sayin'.

Thanks Meemselle,

I know the hotel but never tried the restaurant. I'll have to give it a shot. (and no NOT a Pats fan, unfortunately my team will be watching this Superbowl).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
At least there is no silly "Ole, Ole, Ole,...Ole" silliness in our 'oval-shaped' football game. May the best team win - this one is going to be a slobber-knocker. Speaking of pig skin (OK she said pig-thing) makes me hungry !
Again No Lady Gaga fans.

I guess I will never know having never had the desire (nor the patience) to endure an entire professional football game of either the prolate spheroid or truncated icosahedron kind. I do hope you get to view whatever it is without going Gaga.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I guess I will never know having never had the desire (nor the patience) to endure an entire professional football game of either the prolate spheroid or truncated icosahedron kind. I do hope you get to view whatever it is without going Gaga.

You sir are a wordsmith.

I second on Midtown. He sets up couches, tables and chairs around the pool and facing an 18' screen and large speakers. A very nice setup.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015

Used to enjoy watching hockey games when there were six teams in the NHL and was a Yankees fan long before the BlueJays appeared on the sports scene. Now it's about big business, big money and mass media entertainment. Still fascinated with the Americas Cup Yacht races. The exotic catamarans are referred to as lead bottomed money gobblers. Wish they has regattas in the DR or hosted international ones. 

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Used to enjoy watching hockey games when there were six teams in the NHL and was a Yankees fan long before the BlueJays appeared on the sports scene. Now it's about big business, big money and mass media entertainment. Still fascinated with the Americas Cup Yacht races. The exotic catamarans are referred to as lead bottomed money gobblers. Wish they has regattas in the DR or hosted international ones. 

Hockey is yet another sport where I have never watched even a single game of pro hockey. Less than zero interest in it. Being from New York State, I do watch the Yankess and understand they even have another baseball team. I used to watch basketball until they allowed dunking. Ruined the game for me.

I hope everyone gets to enjoy the Superbowl in whatever manner they personally enjoy. Mine will be avoiding the game and perhaps catching the half time events.

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
Well, some people really like watching different sports (including me) and some do not. I am sure the ones who do not like sports have some other specific interests that I find odd and does not interest me at all. People are different. Would be boring otherwise

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Again No Lady Gaga fans.

Not a Gaga fan?

Yea, but I was looking at the bookies, and the margin of victory is not so much. Favors the Pats by like +3. That could change; but it is looking to be a good game, I think.

I will probably check in at Midtown for a bit, just to hang with a few Olde Towne peeps.

Maco

Apr 6, 2008
In reply to Meemseelle's reply about "you better be a Patriots fan" We welcome all football fans! I Just happen to be a lucky Patriots fan! Lol! Thanks for the kind words Meemselle! Hope to see you 

Last edited:

Maco

Apr 6, 2008
Thanks Meemselle,

I know the hotel but never tried the restaurant. I'll have to give it a shot. (and no NOT a Pats fan, unfortunately my team will be watching this Superbowl).

Just because I'm a Patriots fan doesn't mean you have to be. Lol. We love serving everyone in Sosua. Hope to see you 

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
There's nothing like little kids' soccer games. (metric footbal)

You can always tell where the ball is because all the kids are clumped around it.