Beware new rip-off merchant in LT

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
I check the prices before I order, if it is to expensive I go somewhere were I can afford....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
One of the redneck bars around here in NY has 20 wings and a pitcher of beer(~1.5 l) for $12 on Tuesday nights while the college town bars it's more than $12 just for a pitcher of beer served with red plastic cups..

[video=youtube;BKZqGJONH68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68[/video]

red plastic cups are expensive...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Prices in Europe (Spain)

thats very interesting what you posted here, but I was living in Spain one year ago and the beer costs there around 1-1,5 eur for 0,33 l - in Granada, Malaga, Alicante...sometimes they even give you some basic meal - 2 euros with beer
and in Poland ? the beer is 1-2 euros for 0,5 l....no stray dogs, no idiots around you, no hassle, nice bars

I haven't been to Spain for many years, I just copied the prices from some website...
So, I better believe you... :classic:
Good to hear that Europe is not all that expensive as I am told. :bunny:

donP

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
it depends where do you go. If you want to sit in central point of the city in Spain, you will pay probably around 2 euros for beer.
and around 3 euros in Barcelona for 0,33 L.
but usually 0,33 L beer is 2 euros in Barca or 1-1,5 euros in some normal average bar in places like Granada, Malaga, Alicante etc.
with 1 eur= 1 usd Europe is CHEAP now ! if you earn in USD of course....And I would say that food in supermarkets - in Spain, Poland, Germany, Czech Republic, Netherlands...is cheaper than in DR
like many other things.....you can rent apartment in Spain for around 300-350 euros, few kms from the beach....
and you know that what is "standard" in Europe - here in DR it is a "luxury". like working electricity, water, internet, good food, cheap beer, wine etc.
bottle of DECENT/ GOOD wine in supermarket in Spain is around 2 - 3 euros... which is... 130 pesos ?
the only drinkable wine under 200 pesos here in DR is Santo Tomas from Chile, which is 190 pesos in LT.
I haven't been to Spain for many years, I just copied the prices from some website...
So, I better believe you... :classic:
Good to hear that Europe is not all that expensive as I am told. :bunny:

donP

May 29, 2006
Last time I was in NYC, 12oz Presidentes were $5 a bottle. I had one for nostalgia, but then switched to my usual Yuengling..

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
What Las Terrenas needs is more Americans.

I'll be spearheading a fact-finding team from Samana next week.

Am I the only one on DR1 without a "team". . .I'm sorry Ollie. . .

I heard that Lazy Dog has a spot in pueblo de pescadoras now. That is more american style. One love is canadian which is close enough.
If I was retired I would think about doing a BBQ joint up there.

I may need to head up for a few days in May. It has been a while. . . .

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
What kind of personal info do want? I.ve been using that bar for years, the bar that was there , for a long time it was operated by Flavio. I used to enjoy going there, sitting down with an 80peso beer looking at the waves, occasionally getting chatted up by a chica looking for customers, in practice just having nice half hour relax on the way home together with deep sea air breathing. Only occasionally was the music overpowering.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I went to a beach bar in Cabarete many years ago.
It was called "LAX".
Great place, great location, great food!
Is it still there????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Actually it's not the same at all! It is stated on dr1 if you diss a business you put up your personal info! No where does it state about calling people cheap and having to put it up! Lmao nice try!

He clearly made a diss so...

You are right, I missed this one.

Closed.